Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] How to build only Gecko/Gaia in Firefox OS ?

OP danutzgtx480

4th April 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294

256 posts
More
I want to build Firefox OS for Smultron but i don't want a FULL OTA Update (boot.img,recovery,system etc.). There are a lot of Firefox OS builds for this device from 1.1 up to 1.3 but they are quite old . The kernel,libs,etc. they are all the same in every version so i want to update only the /B2G folder ,create a CWM update.zip and BAM ! BOOT NEW FIREFOX OS . I tried to copy it from other devices like geeksphone Keon but there are some bugs like battery indicator ,LED allways on....I know the fixes but i can't apply them without compiling gaia .I find out that this file (libxul.so) is responsable for everything basically .Thanks.
5th April 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 976

1,333 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzgtx480

I want to build Firefox OS for Smultron but i don't want a FULL OTA Update (boot.img,recovery,system etc.). There are a lot of Firefox OS builds for this device from 1.1 up to 1.3 but they are quite old . The kernel,libs,etc. they are all the same in every version so i want to update only the /B2G folder ,create a CWM update.zip and BAM ! BOOT NEW FIREFOX OS . I tried to copy it from other devices like geeksphone Keon but there are some bugs like battery indicator ,LED allways on....I know the fixes but i can't apply them without compiling gaia .I find out that this file (libxul.so) is responsable for everything basically .Thanks.

here is my method: first build the whole ROM, then after the first build, just repo sync gecko//repo sync gaia//if using my sources then repo sync sourcefix&./patch.sh then build again
process will be a lot shorter, but you have to pack B2G into a zip manually
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread