Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to build only Gecko/Gaia in Firefox OS ?

Tip us?

danutzgtx480
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Question [Q] How to build only Gecko/Gaia in Firefox OS ?

I want to build Firefox OS for Smultron but i don't want a FULL OTA Update (boot.img,recovery,system etc.). There are a lot of Firefox OS builds for this device from 1.1 up to 1.3 but they are quite old . The kernel,libs,etc. they are all the same in every version so i want to update only the /B2G folder ,create a CWM update.zip and BAM ! BOOT NEW FIREFOX OS . I tried to copy it from other devices like geeksphone Keon but there are some bugs like battery indicator ,LED allways on....I know the fixes but i can't apply them without compiling gaia .I find out that this file (libxul.so) is responsable for everything basically .Thanks.

feherneoh
Old
Thanks Meter 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzgtx480 View Post
I want to build Firefox OS for Smultron but i don't want a FULL OTA Update (boot.img,recovery,system etc.). There are a lot of Firefox OS builds for this device from 1.1 up to 1.3 but they are quite old . The kernel,libs,etc. they are all the same in every version so i want to update only the /B2G folder ,create a CWM update.zip and BAM ! BOOT NEW FIREFOX OS . I tried to copy it from other devices like geeksphone Keon but there are some bugs like battery indicator ,LED allways on....I know the fixes but i can't apply them without compiling gaia .I find out that this file (libxul.so) is responsable for everything basically .Thanks.
here is my method: first build the whole ROM, then after the first build, just repo sync gecko//repo sync gaia//if using my sources then repo sync sourcefix&./patch.sh then build again
process will be a lot shorter, but you have to pack B2G into a zip manually

FoXperia on Facebook

If I helped you somehow, please hit 'Thanks'

NeoH-quotes:
"Is SUP an OS? I want to PORT it to HD2, so it will have SUPPORT."
" I want to steal tiestobunio's work. Oh, wait... It's not his."
"CotullaCode posted some screenshots of Windows 8 running on HD2. I will RT them."
"Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!"

wAppStore

Current device: Sony Ericsson k750i (Lumia 520 bricked)