FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] HTC Incredble S Stuck On Boot Screen(HTC Logo)

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By waseem101, Junior Member on 15th January 2014, 10:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
HTC Incredible S Stuck on boot logo after flashing custom rom what should i do please help
 
 
15th January 2014, 10:46 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 307
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem101

HTC Incredible S Stuck on boot logo after flashing custom rom what should i do please help

Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you may need to fastboot flash the boot.img.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 02:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you may need to fastboot flash the boot.img.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the reply i tried to flash the boot.img but error occurred remote note allowed
15th January 2014, 09:36 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 307
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem101

Thanks for the reply i tried to flash the boot.img but error occurred remote note allowed

Ok, your bootloader is still unlocked correct? Then for flashing the boot.img, you are booting into bootloader, then choosing fastboot, first check to be sure device is seen in fastboot. Type

fastboot devices <and hit enter>

This should show you your device S/N.

then type:

fastboot flash boot boot.img <and hit enter>

The boot.img has to be in the same folder you have fastboot.exe in also.

Hope this helps!
16th January 2014, 09:47 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

Ok, your bootloader is still unlocked correct? Then for flashing the boot.img, you are booting into bootloader, then choosing fastboot, first check to be sure device is seen in fastboot. Type

fastboot devices <and hit enter>

This should show you your device S/N.

then type:

fastboot flash boot boot.img <and hit enter>

The boot.img has to be in the same folder you have fastboot.exe in also.

Hope this helps!

I followed another guid to update my hboot to 1.2 than flashed boot.img now my device is not powering on
16th January 2014, 11:45 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 307
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem101

I followed another guid to update my hboot to 1.2 than flashed boot.img now my device is not powering on

Does it boot into bootloader still? If not you have a brick mate!
16th January 2014, 06:17 PM |#7  
mafie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Probably you gotta give a little more detail about what you did exactly... And what's your current Hboot...

Sent from my Incredible S S710e
20th January 2014, 10:25 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafie

Probably you gotta give a little more detail about what you did exactly... And what's your current Hboot...

Sent from my Incredible S S710e

I followed blackrose guid to update hboot after the update the hboot version was 1.0 then i switch off the mobile and tried to reboot it but then no response from the device, now if i connect charger or usb cable the notification light turn into red and keep blinking,i think i have briked the device
20th January 2014, 03:48 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem101

I followed blackrose guid to update hboot after the update the hboot version was 1.0 then i switch off the mobile and tried to reboot it but then no response from the device, now if i connect charger or usb cable the notification light turn into red and keep blinking,i think i have briked the device

So u can't use volume down + power to boot into bootloader...?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 05:21 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziboy

So u can't use volume down + power to boot into bootloader...?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

I tried But no success.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes