Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sdcard formated on ntsf dont work

Tip us?

FrutasX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Sdcard formated on ntsf dont work

Hello,

There is anyone with sdcard with 32GB classe 10 formated on ntsf working?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

FrutasX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Or any sdcard on ntfs filesystems working?

azcamm27
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Has to be fat32 android doesn't use NTFS format as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my Htc Hd2 using XDA Premium HD app

FrutasX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Ok. Thanks

b3aucb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Yes and No -- NTFS

Yep, I'm having the same trouble with my 64GB NTFS sd card with this G-Pad. On the other hand, I can assure you that NTFS formatted cards will work with Android. I've been using my 64-GB NTFS sdCard in my Sasmung Tab 3 8" for the last 4 months with no problem (CM11 4.4.2 the entire time). The card became corrupted a couple months back and I chose to reformat in NTFS and it hasn't had a single problem until I just bought his G Pad. I can reformat it - I just need to find out which way is the best.

boy_pt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3aucb View Post
Yep, I'm having the same trouble with my 64GB NTFS sd card with this G-Pad. On the other hand, I can assure you that NTFS formatted cards will work with Android. I've been using my 64-GB NTFS sdCard in my Sasmung Tab 3 8" for the last 4 months with no problem (CM11 4.4.2 the entire time). The card became corrupted a couple months back and I chose to reformat in NTFS and it hasn't had a single problem until I just bought his G Pad. I can reformat it - I just need to find out which way is the best.
Like you said, you used CM, which has root and drivers to read NTFS cards. In G Pad, you have three options: install CM, root G Pad or format in exfat.

k3wlar
Old
(Last edited by k3wlar; 6th April 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default NTFS - exFAT

I have the same problem NTFS or exFAT do not work: (I have slimkat Rom 4.4.2 but unfortunately, one form of which we are going sou Fat16 Fat32: (

Edit : helped change the kernal?

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 200
NTFS is not enabled in the kernel for the GPad gpe, and so probably not in the other versions either. There is limited support by default in the kernels for NTFS, allowing only read, and not write access, and limited file sizes as well. Therefore no point in enabled it for our device without adding code to the kernel.

The 64 gig Sandisk card has issues with exfat. Google to find out why, or search in these threads to learn more. Fat32 works fine on every card and should be your go-to default partition type.

There are kernels associated with different Roms or devices which support NTFS.

b3aucb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Ditched NTFS for exFAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_pt View Post
Like you said, you used CM, which has root and drivers to read NTFS cards. In G Pad, you have three options: install CM, root G Pad or format in exfat.
Ahh. I gotcha. I temporarily dumped 40GB of SD contents onto my PC, reformatted the card as exFAT, and the stock G Pad picked up my 64GB Samsung SD perfectly. Thanks.