I think I bricked my son's tablet!

OP cruise350

3rd November 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 589

1,865 posts
More
Crap!!! I hope someone can help me. I was trying to upgrade my son's tablet using odin and a stock 4.04 rom from here :Samsung P5100 / P5110 / P5113 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Complete Stock Firmware. The first one for the P5113.

Anyway, everything seemed to be going okay following the directions and then a failed came up in the first box in odin was red. I repeated it and it appeared to be stuck. The tablet was in download mode and the blue line had only progressed about a quarter inch. I heard the usb disconnect and reconnect sound and I tried to initiate it through odin again but the tablet wasn't responding. I stupidly on plugged the tablet and tried to power it down. Now I can't do anything. Can't get into recovery or download mode. The tablet is stuck on the screen and has this message with a picture of a tablet then a yellow triangle and a computer. Here is the message: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. Kies won't recognize the tablet and when I click on emergency firmare recovery it just asks for PC code. I am stumped. I am not familiar with Samsung at all. Also, the message on the screen won't disappear. If I hold down power it won't turn off, the screen will go black and then the message will come right back so I'm afraid the battery will be dead soon and then I will be totally out of luck.

The tablet is a wifi only P5113 Tab 2 10.1.
3rd November 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag zqǝʍɹǝʇuI
Thanks Meter: 125

388 posts
More
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4484

Not your device but its should be similar. Hope it works for you.
3rd November 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

1,865 posts
More
No luck so far, is there no way to get past this screen?
3rd November 2012, 08:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag zqǝʍɹǝʇuI

388 posts
More
Not that I know of to be honest, You need to get into download/recovery .... Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will come up with something !

How old is the tab ?

EDIT :

Will ODIN connect ... When you get that firmware error screen ?
Last edited by Sean_Seany; 3rd November 2012 at 09:06 AM.
3rd November 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

1,865 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Seany

Not that I know of to be honest, You need to get into download/recovery .... Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will come up with something !

How old is the tab ?

EDIT :

Will ODIN connect ... When you get that firmware error screen ?

No nothing, windows does recognize it and will install the driver. But Odin doesn't show anything happening and Kies just shows connecting. When you select emergency recovery in Kies it will stop trying to connect and bring up a dialog box asking for a recovery code. Apparently if the failure would have happened during a legit upgrade using Kies it would have generated an error code for recovery. Is there no way to repair this? Thought Samsung devices were suppose to be so easy to customize? Please help my son is pretty pissed.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
3rd November 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

1,865 posts
More
Update!!!

I was able to get odin to connect to tablet and I got cwm recovery installed so it no longer boots to the failed firmware screen and I can get into recovery. My question is which firmware do I install?? The tablet is a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 wifi only. Is the P5113UEBLH3 firmware the correct one? It says it was provided by Cellular South which confuses me since the tablet is wifi only.

Update 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success!!! Got into download mode and was able to load the stock 4.04 firmware and life is good again. Thanks to all that helped.
Last edited by cruise350; 3rd November 2012 at 04:34 PM.
4th November 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
One thing. Always update your table with OTA or Kies. ODIN breaks the warrantie

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda premium
4th November 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag zqǝʍɹǝʇuI

388 posts
More
Sweeeet ! Well played
18th March 2013, 10:23 PM   |  #9  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 5

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wink Same issue, different solution...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

Update!!!

I was able to get odin to connect to tablet and I got cwm recovery installed so it no longer boots to the failed firmware screen and I can get into recovery. My question is which firmware do I install?? The tablet is a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 wifi only. Is the P5113UEBLH3 firmware the correct one? It says it was provided by Cellular South which confuses me since the tablet is wifi only.

Update 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success!!! Got into download mode and was able to load the stock 4.04 firmware and life is good again. Thanks to all that helped.

I bricked my device from Odin while trying to revert from a CM10.1 nightly to stock JB. Device picked up in Odin, but would not flash... unless I reboot the device after I clicked start in Odin. Dunno why, but it loaded stock firmware on the error screen... don' ask me how...
19th March 2013, 12:24 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 9,384

3,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have experienced this. Run ODIN, then connect your devices to the computer. When ODIN detect it, unplug and then replug your device. When ODIN back detect it then flash.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread