Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Massive Wifi problem on Nexus 7 2013

Tip us?

d4yw41k3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Massive Wifi problem on Nexus 7 2013

Hi,

since midnight my Nexus 7 2013 is not connecting via Wifi anymore. Wifi icon is grey and I see a fraction of all the Wifi networks around here. Sometimes my home network, sometimes not. Even when I stand directly beside my router. In the same time all my other Android devices are connecting well. I tried to set up an AP with my HTC One - same issue here.

Turning off and on NFC or switching the time automatic settings did not make it better - I read on Google that this might help.

When I try to restart the tab I get a connection like 10 seconds - then I am offline again. These are the only 10 seconds where the Internet is working on the tab.

I am running on 4.4.2 stock kernel and did not do anything to the configuration. It worked perfectly for months.

Has anybody an idea? Otherwise I will have to send it back to AMZN.

Thank you for your help!

Christian

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,285
This is the 2012 n7 forum. May have better luck asking in the 2013 n7 forum, or messaging a moderator to move this thread there.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

exglynco
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I had a 2012 Nexus 7 with similar symptoms. It turned out I'd dropped it, loosening its back cover. The wi-fi antenna's connections were loose. I snapped the back cover on tight, and my wi-fi problems went away.
Tags
nexus 7 (2013), wifi