Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

att haLP

Tip us?

Mbondura10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default att haLP

Had HTC One M8 for 15 days exactly. About 3 days ago started losing cell service. SIM card not reading in phone half the time im guessing, X through the service bars. Yesterday started not reading SIM at all, took to ATT, they gave me a new SIM card and said it came loose somehow. Still losing connection to SIM card. Every hour or so now, have had to take SIM card out 10+ times since 3pm yesterday when she told me" just pop the SIM out and back in" if it happens again. NOW the SIM card tray is frackin stuck in the phone. SIM tray remover nor paperclip works. Guess it wasnt desgined to be opened 30 times in 3 days(ATT told me to do this whenever I lose service).

TLDR SIM doesnt read, and SIM card tray stuck in phone. 15 days old. a day past ATT return policy.

Worst yet, im at 15days now, 1 day past the return policy at ATT. Thats why I took it there yesterday on the last day, but got the run around and shoved out the door.

What can I do? Pretty disappointed, first new phone I have had in years. Been using a damn Nokia Lumina 520 windows phone... Amazing phone ,but this whole not reading SIM card 2 weeks after opening box is sad.

smknutson
Old
Thanks Meter 69
... Warranty ...

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Samsung Galaxy S II i777
Samsung Galaxy S 4 i337
HTC One m8

WhiteSRT69
Old
(Last edited by WhiteSRT69; 28th April 2014 at 06:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80
go back to the same location you went to..

in theory you have a "30 day worry free guarantee" as in, they should replace it for you in store if its defected
the 14 day is a return policy if you want to cancel the contract or swap out for a different device

Arun1314
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Call Att and demand to speak to someone in resolutions department.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Make sure you relate to them that you did not purchase this phone to play the SIM pop in pop out game and that she offended you by telling you to do that with your new phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mbondura10
Old
(Last edited by Mbondura10; 28th April 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am heading to the store tonight, trying to get them on the phone to make sure a manager is there but no answer.

Should they replace the phone in store or what? HTC will send me a replacement if I pay 30$ overnight shipping ,but I hope ATT will just fix this problem for me themselves. Don't want to have to pay any money considering this is 2 weeks old...

Mbondura10
Old
(Last edited by Mbondura10; 28th April 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSRT69 View Post
go back to the same location you went to..

in theory you have a "30 day worry free guarantee" as in, they should replace it for you in store if its defected
the 14 day is a return policy if you want to cancel the contract or swap out for a different device
There website says nothing about 30 day worry free. It says 14 days to return/replace. Warranty starts day 15-365. But calling there "warranty center" number transfers me to Asurion insurance. idk.

WhiteSRT69
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbondura10 View Post
There website says nothing about 30 day worry free. It says 14 days to return/replace. Warranty starts day 15-365. But calling there "warranty center" number transfers me to Asurion insurance. idk.
did you buy the phone online??? if so.. go to a corporate location

ive worked at AT&T before, atleast my store would offer a 30 day worry free

even now, i work for Verizon, we offer a 30 day worry free, if anything is wrong with the phone we will trade it out for a new one

Mbondura10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSRT69 View Post
did you buy the phone online??? if so.. go to a corporate location

ive worked at AT&T before, atleast my store would offer a 30 day worry free

even now, i work for Verizon, we offer a 30 day worry free, if anything is wrong with the phone we will trade it out for a new one
Well they gave me a new phone. but only because the manager extended my 14 day return/exchange and extra week since its been 15 days.

Hopefully no problems with this one.

nash2000
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I've been with AT&T for over 12 years (Cingular) and I've never had an issue with exchanging. 3 phone's ago I had the Samsung infuse...it was new at the time. After a few months I started having frequent call drops and vm issues. After a few mins of over the phone trouble shooting they sent me a new phone along with a prepaid box to sent my old phone back. No joke, within a yrs time...I had that phone replaced 3 times...yes, 3 times without a single issue. My frustration with this device couldn't be measured. I told them "do not send me another junk infuse...I want another phone". After some pursuading...I got them to allow my line to upgrade early. The carrier will always work with you.

vegasdiceshooter
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbondura10 View Post
Had HTC One M8 for 15 days exactly. About 3 days ago started losing cell service. SIM card not reading in phone half the time im guessing, X through the service bars. Yesterday started not reading SIM at all, took to ATT, they gave me a new SIM card and said it came loose somehow. Still losing connection to SIM card. Every hour or so now, have had to take SIM card out 10+ times since 3pm yesterday when she told me" just pop the SIM out and back in" if it happens again. NOW the SIM card tray is frackin stuck in the phone. SIM tray remover nor paperclip works. Guess it wasnt desgined to be opened 30 times in 3 days(ATT told me to do this whenever I lose service).

TLDR SIM doesnt read, and SIM card tray stuck in phone. 15 days old. a day past ATT return policy.

Worst yet, im at 15days now, 1 day past the return policy at ATT. Thats why I took it there yesterday on the last day, but got the run around and shoved out the door.

What can I do? Pretty disappointed, first new phone I have had in years. Been using a damn Nokia Lumina 520 windows phone... Amazing phone ,but this whole not reading SIM card 2 weeks after opening box is sad.
14 day to change brands of phones but you have 30 to replace your phone or AT&T