FORUMS

[Q] Need RUU for vodap102 with Hboot 1.56 S-On

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Phony B, Junior Member on 13th March 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Could somebody provide me a copy or help me to find another solution?

Thank you very much
 
 
13th March 2014, 07:50 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phony B

Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Could somebody provide me a copy or help me to find another solution?

Thank you very much

Read this thread. Doesn't look good for you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549252

13th March 2014, 08:10 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phony B

Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Could somebody provide me a copy or help me to find another solution?

Thank you very much

Can't offer a solution, unfortunately , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.
6th April 2014, 02:51 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Can't offer a solution, unfortunately , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.

Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.
6th April 2014, 03:25 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdev

Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.

As far as I know, the usual cause for "active cmdline overflow" is something to do with a "bad" kernel (boot.img)... not saying the kernel you're using is bad, maybe just has some bugs or is incompatible with your ROM.

And since you're saying it only happens on custom kernel and/or low battery, I don't think anything is messed up.

The other guys, which even after full RUU, still had "active cmdline overflow" couldn't get passed bootloader... nothing!, no stock recovery, no custom recovery, no ROM... nada, nothing... even a factory reset in bootloader would cause bootloop back to bootloader.

So I think you should be ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes