No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Internal and SD Can't mount in CWM

OP Jrod236

17th May 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all.

Im having some problems with this, and was hoping that some one here could help me.

I have unlocked my device, no problems.
Then i have installed CWM, no problems.

Now here my problems begin... I have copied a custom ROM zip file, onto my tablet. When i boot my tablet into CWM i get some errors in the bottom of the screen looking like this:

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Now when i choose to "- Install zip from sdcard" and after that i choose "- Choose zip file from sdcard" i get this error: E:Can't mount /sdcard/

Then i try to select the "- Choose zip from internal storage" but then i get this error: E:Can't mount /emmc/

Basicly i cant do anything at all in CWM without getting errors, cant even whipe the cache or anything.

Can someone help me to find out what to do now. And hopefully how to solve this?

I can boot into my androind system without any problems.

Hope some one know's what to do. Thank you in advance.

Info:
TF300T
Android 4.2.1
Kernel 3.1.10-g6f31760

CWM-based Revovery v6.0.2.3

If there is anything else you need to know to be able to help me, please ask.

Have a good day.
18th May 2013, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

88 posts
Donate to Me
CWM doesnt work with the 4.2 bootloader from ASUS. Only TWRP for bootloader 4.2 seems to work. You will have to flash TWRP 2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2. Take note you need the TWRP version with the "-4.2" at the end. Flashing the incorrect TWRP version can brick your tablet.

Download http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tf3...f300t-4.2.blob.

Reboot tablet and hold volume down button while it's powering up to enter fastboot mode. Do not select any of the 3 icons (RCK, Android logo, Wipe Data) on tablet. Connect tablet to PC via USB cable.

On Windows PC, cmd window type:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob.

On tablet, wait until blue progress bar completely fills up.

fastboot reboot

That should replace your CWM with TWRP.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ImmovableObject For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2013, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Hello ImmovableObject.

Thank you very much for you reply, that was excatly what was wrong.. Stupid me, not checking up on that. I actually flashed another version of TWRP, so i guess i was extreemly lucky that it did not brick my tablet.

But after i flashed the right TWRP its all good, everything is working as intented, and i can make backups and flash custom roms now. Thank you very much for your help

Have a good day all.
18th May 2013, 03:23 PM   |  #4  

88 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod236

Hello ImmovableObject.

Thank you very much for you reply, that was excatly what was wrong.. Stupid me, not checking up on that. I actually flashed another version of TWRP, so i guess i was extreemly lucky that it did not brick my tablet.

But after i flashed the right TWRP its all good, everything is working as intented, and i can make backups and flash custom roms now. Thank you very much for your help

Have a good day all.

You are very much welcomed! I'm glad it worked for you.
21st May 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I found this useful when I was struggling with CWM as well, very glad I was careful to pick the 4.2 blob

Thanks for the help!
21st July 2013, 09:09 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,950

5,509 posts
Donate to Me
More
Holy Crap!
I can't believe how stupid I was! I ahve always despised CWM yet I was using it on my TF300T. After searching and searching for a fix I came onto this. Great job man!
10th August 2013, 09:01 AM   |  #7  

5 posts
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! I too stumbled around with CM Recovery for about 30 minutes, dumbfounded by the fact that it couldn't mount either the internal or external storage. I did some research and that's when I came across this post. I can't believe they don't make any mention in any of the tutorials that CM Recovery won't work with the newest 4.2 bootloader from Asus.
13th August 2013, 02:12 AM   |  #8  
Flag Saint louis, MO

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your method did not work with my TF300T, Please assist
@ImmovableObject , I've tried your method but for some reason my Tablet did not reboot with the command "Fastboot reboot" and i still get CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.3 for recovery instead of TWRP. it did say the flash was OKAY.

Please Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmovableObject

CWM doesnt work with the 4.2 bootloader from ASUS. Only TWRP for bootloader 4.2 seems to work. You will have to flash TWRP 2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2. Take note you need the TWRP version with the "-4.2" at the end. Flashing the incorrect TWRP version can brick your tablet.

Reboot tablet and hold volume down button while it's powering up to enter fastboot mode. Do not select any of the 3 icons (RCK, Android logo, Wipe Data) on tablet. Connect tablet to PC via USB cable.

fastboot reboot

14th August 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #9  

88 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseck

@ImmovableObject , I've tried your method but for some reason my Tablet did not reboot with the command "Fastboot reboot" and i still get CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.3 for recovery instead of TWRP. it did say the flash was OKAY.

Please Please help

That's strange.

Was your tablet running Android 4.2?

Try waiting a little longer (5 or more seconds) before issuing the "fastboot reboot" after the message that the flash was OKAY.

Things you could also try:
* Update your fastboot.exe to the latest version. You can do this via the Android SDK Manager on your computer. Fastboot is included under "Tools" > "Android SDK Platform-tools."
* Use a different USB cable.
* Connect cable to a different USB port on your computer.
27th August 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #10  
Flag Leeuwarden
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmovableObject

fastboot reboot

Thank you! Looking for days now. I installed TWRP 2.6 and CWM 5, 6 and touch. All the same problem. Flashed the TWRP from your link and everything works fine. Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread