Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mod & Stock Camera Comparisons !!!

Tip us?

SandyKick
Old
(Last edited by SandyKick; 4th April 2014 at 06:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Question Mod & Stock Camera Comparisons !!!

Hi Everyone, this post is not to hurt anyone. i respect all developers and everyone who contribute to this Forum

i have flashed Cloudy Pro II V1.2 rom on my G2. Everything was perfect ( one word amazing) but my only worry was Camera. i have a strong feeling that the camera has lost image in depth quality and clarity in images. i dont know which MOD was added to Cloudy Pro 1.2 rom. but still i have flashed Jishnu's & Xdabbeb Camera Mods. But the result was the same.

so i though of removing the camera apk that came with rom and tried to replace stock camera, but i failed (unfortunately stopped error) - may be the reason could be this Rom is based on G Pro 2.

i started asking suggestions everyone what's needed to be done to come on Stock 4.4.2 Camera with this ROM. but everyone suggested Xdabbeb & Jishnu's Camera. so finally i thought of a real comparison with stock camera.

though these mods are capable of more features like 4k/magic focus etc, my main concern was image quality

All Left images were taken by LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 Camera.
All Right images were taken by LG G2 Cloudy Pro II V1.2 with Xdabbeb Camera Mod.

Pictures were Clicked with same settings on both phones

Can any one suggest me how to mod Stock G2 or G Pro 2 Camera in Cloudy Pro II ROM......please i love this ****ing awesome ROM

Current Phone: LG G2 (D802) Black 32GB........Follow Me: www.twitter.com/SandeepKanchi
Android Version: KitKat 4.4.2 Cloudy G3 ........Like if u r ExciTed 4 LG G3: www.facebook.com/D850.LGG3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SandyKick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kapybarus
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I like right one more. Better white balance and reflections.

AndrewM3
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default camera mod

yeah the right one looks better in my opinion. Also the only thing I don't like about this camera is that the auto focus is slow, there is no option for continuous focus.
Hey so I had a question so you tried both xbaees camera mod and jinushus camera mod. Which was better in your opinion than the stock cloudypro 1.2 because auto focus is really slow for me.
LG G2 800d at&t
Pacman rom

SandyKick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapybarus View Post
I like right one more. Better white balance and reflections.
r u sure that right side pictures are better ? bcoz when i was clicking these pictures my camera (with mod camera) was looking bad on screen compared that too stock ones
Current Phone: LG G2 (D802) Black 32GB........Follow Me: www.twitter.com/SandeepKanchi
Android Version: KitKat 4.4.2 Cloudy G3 ........Like if u r ExciTed 4 LG G3: www.facebook.com/D850.LGG3

SandyKick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM3 View Post
yeah the right one looks better in my opinion. Also the only thing I don't like about this camera is that the auto focus is slow, there is no option for continuous focus.
Hey so I had a question so you tried both xbaees camera mod and jinushus camera mod. Which was better in your opinion than the stock cloudypro 1.2 because auto focus is really slow for me.
yeah both are great Mods you dont really feel much difference. i say that give a try for both of them

i liked Xdabbeb ones better than the Ones in Cloudy Pro II ROM.

citytrader
Old
(Last edited by citytrader; 4th April 2014 at 06:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 353
The picture on the right is underexposed loosing details on shadows, has much more chroma noise than the left and it is more bluish. Were the lights yellow where you shoot the pictures?...

The camera in all smartphones really sucks...
---
My photography site: HERE

SandyKick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
The picture on the right is underexposed loosing details on shadows, has much more chroma noise than the left and it is more bluish. Were the lights yellow where you shoot the pictures?...

The camera in all smartphones really sucks...
yeah there were some yellowish lights at that place. now as a photographer according to you what do you choose ?

Left ones or Right ones ?

citytrader
Old
(Last edited by citytrader; 4th April 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKick View Post
yeah there were some yellowish lights at that place. now as a photographer according to you what do you choose ?

Left ones or Right ones ?
I can not make a judgement here because the right pictures are underexposed...

One point that much people confuse is about white balance, they think a picture has correct white balance if the whites are white and this is wrong (except for studio shoots), the correct white balance is when the picture is near to the real life, so the left should be better.

I think you should test again the cameras in two situations, night and day, in day with some trees, grass and sky and the most important thing, you should do a correct exposure compensation (brightness in stock camera) in both shoots, in the day shoots, try not to use auto WB, I dont use auto WB even in pro cameras.

For taking pictures, I recommend to use Camera FV-5 with banding disabled, is the camera application I like most, you can do exposure lock and focus lock separately, I dont like to use a camera app without that functionality.
---
My photography site: HERE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citytrader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F-Forward
Old
Thanks Meter 10
What the mods to is to decrease the shutter speed and increase the ISO so it can capture moving objects in darker scenes without them getting blurry. This can result in underexposed pictures and more noise which seems to be the case here.

jefbeck
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Better on left. Accept it guys, those mods dont do anything good. Imho

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to jefbeck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]