Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO]LG G2 - Android 4.4.3

Tip us?

jose_k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default [INFO]LG G2 - Android 4.4.3

Does anyone know if it will be possibile to have Android 4.4.3 on LG G2 D802?

Google release it today according to this article http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...nexus-5-today/

So maybe the developers could work on a custom ROM with Android 4.4.3 for the next month?

What do you think guys?

simon_lefisch
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_k View Post

Google release it today according to this article http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...nexus-5-today/

So maybe the developers could work on a custom ROM with Android 4.4.3 for the next month?

What do you think guys?
My understanding is 4.4.3 is more of a fix for nexus devices that suffer from the camera bug, which apparently drains battery like crazy. It may also be for other devices that have the same bug, however I have yet to hear of anything for the G2.

goodguy25
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:

What do you think guys?
You'll probably find it pushed upstream from an aosp ROM like Cyanogen, Omni and PA to name a few...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to goodguy25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruboking
Old
Thanks Meter 11
4.4.3 nothing big new, waiting the 5.0

wargreymon89
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:

What do you think guys?
How is this an info thread when ask I see are questions in OP?

jose_k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks for your answers.

What I understand now is that Anroid 4.4.3 will be a "big fix update package" for the Nexus devices. Perfect !

Ok as usually the big name such as Cyanogen, Omni and PA will probably push it upstream.

wargreymon89: It is right that I ask something and I don't give any details or info about something in specific.

But it is an info topic, in my opinion, because everyone here can write what they know about this version of Android and the possibility to have it for LG G2.

I think for some people on XDA will be interesting to know more about the future of our device. I also hope that LG don't stop the development at Android 4.4.2 so maybe we can have Android 4.4.3 or even better Android 5.0. Who knows ?

In the meantime if you have some useuful information about this particular version of Android of our device, you can wrtie here and everyone will know what you know

It is simple !

Xenovias
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Thanks for your answers.

What I understand now is that Anroid 4.4.3 will be a "big fix update package" for the Nexus devices. Perfect !

Ok as usually the big name such as Cyanogen, Omni and PA will probably push it upstream.

wargreymon89: It is right that I ask something and I don't give any details or info about something in specific.

But it is an info topic, in my opinion, because everyone here can write what they know about this version of Android and the possibility to have it for LG G2.

I think for some people on XDA will be interesting to know more about the future of our device. I also hope that LG don't stop the development at Android 4.4.2 so maybe we can have Android 4.4.3 or even better Android 5.0. Who knows ?

In the meantime if you have some useuful information about this particular version of Android of our device, you can wrtie here and everyone will know what you know

It is simple !
Forget it
Based on my experience LG always skip minor upgrade. This phone will jump to 5.0 (probably)

Optimus G 4.1.2 to 4.4.2
G Pro 4.1.2 to 4.4.2
G2 4.2.2 to 4.4.2
And Lseries II (started from L5 i guess) 4.1.2 to 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

robogo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Who knows, we might just see a 21A or so...
| LG G2 | D802 | CloudyG3 1.3 | 72 hrs on a single charge
| Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Sony Xperia Z | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 | custom ROM | [sold]
| HTC Desire | stock | [sold]
| HTC Hero | stock | [sold]
:: i'm a lazy mug who doesn't update his signature that often ::

Swetnes
Old
(Last edited by Swetnes; 15th April 2014 at 03:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 244
The next step is 4.5 MOONSHINE, just announced by Google, probably fall time frame knowing Google's usually time frames.
http://news.yahoo.com/android-4-5-mo...JmMQR2dGlkAw--

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

serious96
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hope in the next release they perfected the art runtime...