Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking about getting a Z1

Tip us?

andino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Thinking about getting a Z1

Hey so I currently have a z Ultra and its a bit too large for me to get used to. I'm considering swapping for a Z1 but the Z2 is coming out soon (but I'm in the US so who knows how long until it comes here). The main thing I'm worried about is the TFT screen. Does anyone have both the Z1 and ZU? How do the screens compare to each other? My understanding is the ZU is the best of the Z1, Z1c, and ZU. Not sure how it compares to the Z2 though.

Basicially, I'm trying to figure out if its worth it to sell or trade my ZU for a Z1 or wait for the Z2 to come to the US. And also how the ZU screen compares the Z1 I guess.

paullu
Old
Thanks Meter 44
go for z2
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1/htc m8/xperia z2

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
The screen of Z2 was well improved and there is not questioning. Also it's a IPS Screen. All the others like Z1S, Z1C, ZU you cannot compare them to Z2. So I will suggest to sped well your money on Z2.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4