Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

facebook app problem

Tip us?

skuzzb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default facebook app problem

Recently my Facebook app stopped working on my surface rt,when I open it it says "no content", have tried refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck,i can connect to Facebook normally through browser,im running windows rt 8.1,can you help? Thanks

32BitWhore
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzb View Post
Recently my Facebook app stopped working on my surface rt,when I open it it says "no content", have tried refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck,i can connect to Facebook normally through browser,im running windows rt 8.1,can you help? Thanks
Same problem here, just got my Surface and Facebook is not working for me. I don't have a solution, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

skuzzb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default facebook app

Thanks for that,i still haven't found a solution, really annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32BitWhore View Post
Same problem here, just got my Surface and Facebook is not working for me. I don't have a solution, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

willisjm193
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I know it sounds strange, but its because the date and time aren't set correctly. Even if it's one minute off it'll cause issues. It's something to do with security; firewall will block some internet programs.

I set it to match internet time, then set it to auto update and it's been fine ever since.
Devices:
  • Galaxy SIII / Rooted / Axis
  • Galaxy Tab 2 Stock (for now!)
  • Nook Color / Rooted / Stock / Mods
  • Galaxy Captivate / Root / Slim

skuzzb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default facebook app

are you talking about tablet time??i will check mine,also where do you set auto update??
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisjm193 View Post
I know it sounds strange, but its because the date and time aren't set correctly. Even if it's one minute off it'll cause issues. It's something to do with security; firewall will block some internet programs.

I set it to match internet time, then set it to auto update and it's been fine ever since.

KurtXBlast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default time auto-update settings

Quote:
are you talking about tablet time??i will check mine,also where do you set auto update??
thanks
if you want to change the settings of time's auto updating, go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Date and time>Internet Time (tab)> Change Settings there.. You must have checked the "Sychronise with an Internet time server" and the server must be "time.windows.com", then click "Update Now "and "Ok".

This will set your time auto update.

skuzzb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for that,i did all that facebook app still no good,no content or news feed,just a blank page although i am logged in,never mind i can still access facebook through my browser,once again thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtXBlast View Post
if you want to change the settings of time's auto updating, go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Date and time>Internet Time (tab)> Change Settings there.. You must have checked the "Sychronise with an Internet time server" and the server must be "time.windows.com", then click "Update Now "and "Ok".

This will set your time auto update.