Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bypassing lock screen password by rooting

Tip us?

Jaybe1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bypassing lock screen password by rooting

Hi all a friend dropped her Galaxy Note 10.1 into me yesterday to see if I could help retrieve her password. I tried entering the password wrong so many times to see if forgot password comes up but nothing. She obviously skipped registering with google. She has photos on it that she wants off it. I told her she would lose everything if I reset it and it might be her only option. Can I root it or install Cwm on it or some custom recovery to bypass the password or does it need USB debugging to be turned on which I very much doubt is turned on unless she hit it by mistake !! I came across these methods maybe method 3 might work ? Not sure.
Method 3 (new):

It’s a quite simple method than the other two. By using this method you can crack / unlock both, pattern lock as well as pin / password lock. But before you use this method, your device must have a custom recovery like CWM installed on it. Note that you may also require to root your device just in case if it doesn’t work by having CWM only (it’s a far rare case though). It should work with CWM Recovery alone.
So, lets get started: firstly download a Lockscreen bypass file from the link given below:
Pattern / Password Bypass for Android
Copy the downloaded zip file on your device’s internal / external memory by any means.
Now, boot into recovery mode on your phone / tab. Note that, each device has a different method (key combinations) to get into recovery mode. If you don’t know how to boot into recovery, you can Google it or ask us in comments below (include your device model along with the comment).
After getting into recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the file you’ve just transferred on your phone. Hit Power button to select the file and confirm the installation by selecting ‘Yes – Install LockScreen_Security_bypass.zip’.
As soon as installation gets completed, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart the phone.
Once the phone gets rebooted, you’ll see that the pattern / password lock is still there. But don’t panic, just enter any pattern / password and it will get unlocked by itself.
Thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor dr.ketan for this awesome script. You can find his original thread here.

That’s it! You’ve successfully unlocked / cracked the pattern lock of your Android device. Do let us know if you face any difficulty while unlocking the pattern lock. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Jaybe1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nobody able to help me before I have to factory reset it any help would be appreciated

Jooztk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi.
All the methods that I know of require USB-debugging to be on. Sorry

Jaybe1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooztk View Post
Hi.
All the methods that I know of require USB-debugging to be on. Sorry
No problem thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll have to reset it so.

Psykologikal
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If you can connect with adb from recovery you could snag the files from there. If your on stock recover it can be done but I'm not sure how. Cwm has the option to mount usb

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app