Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,198 Members 44,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][URGENT] Galaxy S4 LTE Reboots

Tip us?

DesertHawk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5048

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q][URGENT] Galaxy S4 LTE Reboots

Hi,

I haven't asked questions in a while but this one is beyond me. I have researched around but there's so many different types of rebooting errors I can't find one that matches my problem.

My S4 reboots to the Samsung logo where it says I9505 and then shuts down and repeats the boot to the same place back to the splash screen and does that over and over again. However if I connect it to the charger it is fine. So right now I'm using my S4 with the AC charging in.

Battery stats claim my battery health is good but the battery itself has swollen up (so do I need to replace battery?)

If I take it off charge I can use it for a few minutes but then it'll turn off and if I start it up the splash reboot process starts again. Some times if I leave the phone for a while it'll work but again for a few minutes.

Is this a battery issue or the phone and do I replace battery or send to repair.

I'm running official 4.3 and never been rooted on this device

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
View My Threads

CM10.2 Official for LG G2 and Samsung Tablet UI for Galaxy Note II

Excelsus for Xperia Z

And LOTS MORE

Retired Developer | Ex-Recognized Developer | Xperia Z2 & Galaxy S5

lolo9393
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertHawk View Post
Hi,

I haven't asked questions in a while but this one is beyond me. I have researched around but there's so many different types of rebooting errors I can't find one that matches my problem.

My S4 reboots to the Samsung logo where it says I9505 and then shuts down and repeats the boot to the same place back to the splash screen and does that over and over again. However if I connect it to the charger it is fine. So right now I'm using my S4 with the AC charging in.

Battery stats claim my battery health is good but the battery itself has swollen up (so do I need to replace battery?)

If I take it off charge I can use it for a few minutes but then it'll turn off and if I start it up the splash reboot process starts again. Some times if I leave the phone for a while it'll work but again for a few minutes.

Is this a battery issue or the phone and do I replace battery or send to repair.

I'm running official 4.3 and never been rooted on this device

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
This a good battery failure diagnosis!
So go to your service shop and ask for the free battery replacement. this issue is well known at Samsung.
For more info just google it. As exemple:
( http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-problems.html)
Please stop charging it because you risk to make it to explode.

DesertHawk
Old
(Last edited by DesertHawk; 6th April 2014 at 10:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5048

DONATE TO ME
@lolo9393

But my Battery is still at 60 percent when I eventually manage to get it booted again. So its definately Battery and not the phone

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
View My Threads

CM10.2 Official for LG G2 and Samsung Tablet UI for Galaxy Note II

Excelsus for Xperia Z

And LOTS MORE

Retired Developer | Ex-Recognized Developer | Xperia Z2 & Galaxy S5

lolo9393
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertHawk View Post
@lolo9393

But my Battery is still at 60 percent when I eventually manage to get it booted again. So its definately Battery and not the phone

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
Buy a new one or ask for replacement.
no other way to go!