Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT insurance question

Tip us?

jayjayjoker2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default ATT insurance question

I broke my s3 screen the screen is black i know the lcd is gone. I want to do the insurance but im worried. They said i'd get a galaxy s4 if i do it. Im rooted though so would they notice or will I be ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

ron31
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayjoker2 View Post
I broke my s3 screen the screen is black i know the lcd is gone. I want to do the insurance but im worried. They said i'd get a galaxy s4 if i do it. Im rooted though so would they notice or will I be ok?

it shouldnt matter broken screen as notihing to do with rooted phone they just want it back so they know its really broken i broke mine im with telus sent it back no prob
The Following User Says Thank You to ron31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayjoker2 View Post

Flashing a stock 4.3 restore will return your phone to original (stock) ROM and kernel, un-root, reset your flash counter and install stock recovery. Once your warranty bit is tripped, however, there is no known method of resetting this. Unfortunately, with your LCD bust, you wouldn't be able to see what you are doing. You can only hope that since they wouldn't be able to see either ....
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry2999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
Flashing a stock 4.3 restore will return your phone to original (stock) ROM and kernel, un-root, reset your flash counter and install stock recovery. Once your warranty bit is tripped, however, there is no known method of resetting this. Unfortunately, with your LCD bust, you wouldn't be able to see what you are doing. You can only hope that since they wouldn't be able to see either ....
Looks like they are hardly consistent wit the warranty thing. I just saw a post from another guy who had exactly the same problem. Sent it to Telus and they declined claiming it was a physical damage not covered by warranty. I guess insurance works separately from the standard warranty. To be on the safe side, however, I just remembered I sometimes connect my i747 to an LED TV using a micro-USB to HDMI adapter. The adapter can be bought cheaply online and lets you use your TV or PC with HDMI as an image screen for your phone.

vbetts
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
You should be able to adb into your phone though to see information. There are ways of doing this.
xdadevelopers
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
-AOSB 1.3.1 Kitkat 4.4.2
-3.4.79 cyanogenmod kernel

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbetts View Post
You should be able to adb into your phone though to see information. There are ways of doing this.
If I am not mistaken, you should be able to use the fastboot commands using ADB to flash things. He or she will need to have the packages he or she is needed to flash the 'fastboot' folder. He or she will also need the packages in order to do fastboot as well.
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!

jayjayjoker2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Where is that one I cant find 4.3 i already did triangle away so i think ill be ok and i have the HDMI adapter. Touch screen is dead though..

Greycloak42
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I was running cm10.2 on my original at&t s3 when the screen broke. I sent it back as-is and had no issues at all.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (i747)
Synergy ROM and KT747 JB kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to Greycloak42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]