Phone won't Stay on, PLZ HELP!!

OP brianray14

26th March 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota
Thanks Meter: 104

772 posts
More
I just recently ran into a very strange issue with my phone where i attempted to reboot into recovery via rom toolbox and the phone just powered off. My power button hasn't been working at all within the last month so I've been just doing battery pulls to get the phone booted up, however this time, it only will get to the samsung screen, says rebooting recovery in the upper left hand corner of the screen in blue and then immediately powers off. I attempted to get into DL with a jig and that was successful but i suffered the same fate. DL mode loaded but my screen just immediately shut off after two seconds. Since this started happened earlier, whenever i plug my phone into a power source, it's not charging. All of this sounds like a borked power button but i was hoping to get other opinions before I ship my phone off for repairs just in case it's NOT a power button issue. I was running TWRP recovery and ground zero rom by validus without issues for around two months without any trouble before this oddity occurred. Only other thing i can think it would be is ROM toolbox somehow corrupted my recovery? Sounds like a stretch but i suppose it's possible. Any insight would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
9th April 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota
Thanks Meter: 104

772 posts
More
Solved: power button was shorted at the MB circuit. Sent my phone to mobiletechvideos and Josh had it fixed and back in a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread