Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help! Stuck at LG Splash screen on boot

Tip us?

mickym5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Please help! Stuck at LG Splash screen on boot

I am rooted and had PhilZ recovery installed on the vs980. I wiped data, cache, and davlik to install a new rom, but the install failed. After the install failed I realized I had deleted my backups I had. When I went to reboot the phone said it could not find root and would attempt to root on its own or something of that matter. I am now stuck on the lg spash screen with the led blinking green/blue. I cannot boot into recovery or download mode by holding the volume+power buttons the phone just vibrates and turns off for a sec then right back to the lg screen. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

elite001mm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah try booting into recovery but a little differently this time.. Turn the phone off, hold power and volume down to turn it on but keep holding it until it shuts off again. Then press power and volume down again until the LG logo appears. Release and press them again quickly like normal. This has worked for me in the past when I couldn't boot into recovery. Idk why but it did.. Give it a try

Sent from my amazing vs980

mickym5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite001mm View Post
Yeah try booting into recovery but a little differently this time.. Turn the phone off, hold power and volume down to turn it on but keep holding it until it shuts off again. Then press power and volume down again until the LG logo appears. Release and press them again quickly like normal. This has worked for me in the past when I couldn't boot into recovery. Idk why but it did.. Give it a try

thanks but it still just boots to the lg screen.. no go

elite001mm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
:/ ummmm.. Try this maybe?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600672

mickym5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok i was finally able to boot into recovery, but i have no backups to install.... how would i get a new rom onto the phone to install

boywithabeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickym5 View Post
ok i was finally able to boot into recovery, but i have no backups to install.... how would i get a new rom onto the phone to install
adb push ROM of choice.