StarMobile Diamond V7
Before we proceed, let me remind you guys, that you are doing this at your own risk and no one is to be held responsible!!!
This ROOTing procedures and installing of CWM works perfectly on my device, so read and follow all the instructions carefully!!!
We can install CWM without rooting this phone, so feel free to choose where do you want to start...
Rooting Your Phone
Download files below and do the following procedures.
2. Enable USB Debbuging Mode and Unknown Sources of your phone.
3. Connect your phone into your computer and wait until successfully recognized.
You may also want to check on your computers Device Manager if the driver is properly installed.
4. Open the RootFiles that you extracted on your desktop, right click on "run.bat" and run as administrator.
5. Follow on screen instructions...
6. Go to your phone and allow to complete rooting process.
7. Your phone will automatically reboot after rooting, check your apps and there should be SU (superuser apps) installed. Done! You have succesfully rooted your phone.
Installing Custom Recovery (CWM)
Download files below and again follow the steps...
MTKdRoid Tool thanks to rua1
1. Extract all the files you downloaded from the links above on your desktop, and it's better to put them on same folder.
2. Right cllick on SP Flashtool and run as administrator.
3. Click on Scatter-Loading and look for the "ScatterFile".
4. Uncheck everything except for the recovery and look for "recovery.img" and hit enter, F9, or download button.
5. Click yes then turn off your phone, remove and put back the battery.
6. SP FlashTool will start downloading the custom recovery image.
7. Wait until finish downloading...the next screen will appear and hit enter.
Congratulations!!! You have now a Custom Recovery installed. Turn your phone off, and just press VOL UP + POWER BUTTON to enter into your new recovery.
NOW your phone is ready for customization, but before doing that...SECURE A NANDROID BACKUP !!!
I dont have customROM available for this device yet, but thanks to rovo89 for his great Xposed Framework
With this great application, you can now modify your ROM without modifying any APK's or flashing from recovery!!!
Some customization done on my phone is the APM (advance Power Menu)
Volume option to set independently
I also managed to backup the stock ROM of this device, that can be easily download back to your phone by means of SP FlashTool. (assuming you have messed up your phone system and failed to work properly)
Other purpose of the full backup is for the customROM, (wish that some of our good devs here might find time to take a look and help us make a customROM out of it)
I'm not good of creating customROM, but I'm hoping that I could build one...regards to all!!!
This is my first thread so please consider this , just post any comment if i missed anything...thanks!!!