Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi problems on my converted HTC One. Wifi will stop connecting to the internet.

Tip us?

lettuceman44
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Wifi problems on my converted HTC One. Wifi will stop connecting to the internet.

I'm having issues with wifi after converting my HTC one to a Google Edition.

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.
What is with my HTC One GE that isn't working?

I've tried a factory reset twice now, and it didn't help at all.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.

lettuceman44
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Help please

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
What happens on stock Sense firmware? If you are S-OFF, flash Dev edition RUU and test.

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceman44 View Post
I'm having issues with wifi after converting my HTC one to a Google Edition.

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.
What is with my HTC One GE that isn't working?

I've tried a factory reset twice now, and it didn't help at all.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.
Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)
This here helped me in Wi-Fi's like your school wifi:

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lettuceman44
Old
(Last edited by lettuceman44; 12th February 2014 at 09:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)
This here helped me in Wi-Fi's like your school wifi:

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...
Gah, not what I was hoping for
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?

robbie09
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default i know how you feel

Quote:
Gah, not what I was hoping for
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?
it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck

lettuceman44
Old
(Last edited by lettuceman44; 24th February 2014 at 03:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie09 View Post
it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck
I just went back to stock sense 4.3 and I'm having the same issues still. Before conversion I had no issues.

Why is it still happening?

Could a factory reset work? I assumed when I flashed the ruu it just wiped everything.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
I just went back to stock sense 4.3 and I'm having the same issues still. Before conversion I had no issues.

Why is it still happening?

Could a factory reset work? I assumed when I flashed the ruu it just wiped everything.
Run the full RUU if available.

lettuceman44
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
What do you mean by that? I converted my phone from GPE back to stock using the AT&T ruu.

lettuceman44
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I really need to fix this issue, it's becoming a liability
I don't know what else to do

Tags
wifi, wifi not working