Wifi problems on my converted HTC One. Wifi will stop connecting to the internet.

10th February 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

74 posts
I'm having issues with wifi after converting my HTC one to a Google Edition.

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.
What is with my HTC One GE that isn't working?

I've tried a factory reset twice now, and it didn't help at all.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.
12th February 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

74 posts
Help please

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,731 posts
What happens on stock Sense firmware? If you are S-OFF, flash Dev edition RUU and test.
12th February 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 142

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceman44

I'm having issues with wifi after converting my HTC one to a Google Edition.

I'll connect to my school wifi fine, but every single time, after a certain amount of time it just stops working. I'll still be connected to the wifi network, but I can't connect to the internet.(When I'm at home, I don't have this issue)

My friend also has the HTC One stock, and wifi works fine. My gf has a nexus 4, so it uses stock android with no problems.
What is with my HTC One GE that isn't working?

I've tried a factory reset twice now, and it didn't help at all.

Help is appreciated! This is super annoying and is literally hindering my productivity because I don't have enough data to just use cellular service.

Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)
This here helped me in Wi-Fi's like your school wifi:

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine

Yeah. That is a Google Play Edition Issue on 4.4 KitKat and above... you won't be able to fix this issue (except rewriting a part of GPE)
This here helped me in Wi-Fi's like your school wifi:

[root] Pry-Fi

but if you disconnect and reconnect you have to re login because you have a new Mac...

Gah, not what I was hoping for
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?
Last edited by lettuceman44; 12th February 2014 at 09:35 PM.
20th February 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #6  
Indiana
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
i know how you feel
Quote:

Gah, not what I was hoping for
I was hoping it was a specific issue I had, not an actual android issue.

Why is it only GPE that is affected by this? Explains why my GF's nexus 4 works well.

This is a bummer. I guess I have to revert back to stock.......I get disconnected and reconnected from wifi all the time due to the wifi not being 100% everywhere on campus.

Thanks for the help, at least I know now that I can't do anything about it, time to go back to stock.

Are the revert to stock guides in you're sigs work from a GPE to stock?

it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck
24th February 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie09

it's not just the GPE, I switched my AT&T HTC One to Developer Edition and have lost wifi since 4.4. I downgraded back to stock and worked my way up the updates with no luck. back to dev edition now 4.4.2 and still no luck

I just went back to stock sense 4.3 and I'm having the same issues still. Before conversion I had no issues.

Why is it still happening?

Could a factory reset work? I assumed when I flashed the ruu it just wiped everything.
Last edited by lettuceman44; 24th February 2014 at 03:48 AM.
24th February 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,731 posts
Quote:

I just went back to stock sense 4.3 and I'm having the same issues still. Before conversion I had no issues.

Why is it still happening?

Could a factory reset work? I assumed when I flashed the ruu it just wiped everything.

Run the full RUU if available.
24th February 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

74 posts
What do you mean by that? I converted my phone from GPE back to stock using the AT&T ruu.

26th February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

74 posts
I really need to fix this issue, it's becoming a liability
I don't know what else to do

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wifi, wifi not working
Previous Thread Next Thread