Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP!!! I bricked my N3!!!

Tip us?

533y4
Old
(Last edited by 533y4; 4th April 2014 at 12:38 AM.) Reason: Proof read and fixed errors :X
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy HELP!!! I bricked my N3!!!

Ok. So rooted my Note 3 in Oct and ROMd in Jan with XNote 7. I had it all fine and everything since. Well, I upgraded to XNote 12 and realized I couldn't receive calls and a few other weird annoying bugs. So I attempted to downgrade back to MJ5 using the Restore tutorial in the General section.

Alright, well I did the whole tutorial I Heimdalled the MI9_Fix.img.ext4 file and then started flashing the ZIPs. I did the SEC_CSC then I tried the 2400845 and it failed with a message about system/vender/lib.camerafilter.whatever.so couldn't be found and quit. I figured it was normal so and now I'm stuck at the Samsung logo with a padlock. It will go into recovery and Odin mode fine.

It also deleted my Safestrap. So I cannot get into SS recovery. I have tried the tutorial again and now Heimdall quits with error 87 and something about a I/O error.

I have also tried to Odin the MJ5 stock flash files (AP, BL, CP and PIT) but it does nothing. I cannot install a ROM and cannot use my phone.

I desperately need my phone for work, so if someone can help me out ASAP, so I don't lose my job, I would be SO grateful! THANK YOU!!!!

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 533y4 View Post
Ok. So rooted my Note 3 in Oct and ROMd in Jan with XNote 7. I had it all fine and everything since. Well, I upgraded to XNote 12 and realized I couldn't receive calls and a few other weird annoying bugs. So I attempted to downgrade back to MJ5 using the Restore tutorial in the General section.

Alright, well I did the whole tutorial and started flashing the ZIPs. I did the SEC_CSC then I tried the 2400845 and it failed with a message about system/vender/lib.camerafilter.whatever.so couldn't be found and quit. I figured it was normal so I Heimalled the MI9_Fix.img.ext4 file and now I'm stuck at the Samsung logo with a padlock. It will go into recovery and Odin mode fine.

It also deleted my Safestrap. So I cannot get into SS recovery. I have tried the tutorial again and now Heimall quits with error 87 and something about a I/O error.

I have also tried to Odin the MJ5 stock flash files (AP, BL, CP and PIT) but it does nothing. I cannot install a ROM and cannot use my phone.

I desperately need my phone for work, so if someone can help me out ASAP, so I don't lose my job, I would be SO grateful! THANK YOU!!!!
do the procedure again and follow it to the letter as i can see you can still get to dl mode, btw you're supposed to flash the sec_csc and 240058 AFTER you flash the system.img with heimdall.

533y4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
do the procedure again and follow it to the letter as i can see you can still get to dl mode, btw you're supposed to flash the sec_csc and 240058 AFTER you flash the system.img with heimdall.
I can do the ODIN part, then when I try the Heimdall part, it comes up with an error. I have tried it 5 times over. To a T... : (

And yes, I know you flash those BEFORE. That's what I meant to say, but I was in a rush...

kuroishi11
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Im in a similar pickle but my problem is that I need a way to get those files to the SD card because the thing is bricked. I can't copy the files to a bricked phone and every device in my house refuses to read the micro SD card.

mazdamiata210
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I was in a rush...
That's the problem right there. Over in my thread about the kitkat update fix people are saying it's not working for them but they are missing steps because they're not reading everything. I've used that method 3 times so far and it worked all 3 times. Start from the beginning. Delete all the files from previous attemtps, go to step 1, read everything, you will get it.

A thanks is always nice if I helped

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3 > iPhone 5S > iPhone 6 Plus

533y4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamiata210 View Post
That's the problem right there. Over in my thread about the kitkat update fix people are saying it's not working for them but they are missing steps because they're not reading everything. I've used that method 3 times so far and it worked all 3 times. Start from the beginning. Delete all the files from previous attemtps, go to step 1, read everything, you will get it.
Again, I have done this 5 times. No joke. I have redownloaded everything 3 times.

1) Download and install Heimdall from here for windows. You'll need this and this to avoid missing .dll file errors

2) Download the following files;
MI9_fix.img.ext4
https://mega.co.nz/#F!icMTnSQY!bMBNFmUnn2_K8olSTYpwIA (mirror provided by drakeymcmb)
sec_csc.zip
rldv.zip
2400258.zip
Put everything except for the system.img on your external SD card

3) Download and install the MJ5 partions. Use Odin to flash these files (match the file names with the different upload slots)
AP_N900AUCUBMJ5.zip
BL_N900AUCUBMJ5.zip
CP_N900AUCUBMJ5.zip
HLTE_USA_ATT_32G.pit

4) Now is the time to use Heimdall.

Reboot into Download Mode once Odin finishes.
Install the vcredist packages downloaded from step 1.
unzip the heimdall .zip file to c:/
go to c:/Heimdall Suite/Drivers and click on zadig.exe
click the middle menu button to select "Show All Devices"

from the dropdown, select MSM8960

click the "install driver" button.

you should see a success message

5) Navigate on your computer to c:/Heimdall Suite/ and open heimdall-frontend.exe.

IMPORTANT -- Go to the Utilities tab and click the "Detect" button
Go to the Flash tab on Heimdall, click Browse and select the HLTE_USA_ATT_32G.pit file downloaded from step 3
Click the 'add' button, then next to 'partition name' select system from the dropdown.

click the Browse button underneath the dropdown, and select the MI9_fix.img.ext4 image you downloaded from step 2.

6) Click Start. ***I usually check the 'No Reboot' box to prepare for booting into recovery

THIS IS WHERE I CAN NO LONGER GO ANY FURTHER!!! IT SPITS A I/O ERROR 87 AT THIS POINT! I CANNOT GET AROUND THIS! THIS IS WHAT I NEED HELP WITH!

7) Heimdall and your Note will report a bad flash at around 95% -- but don't worry -- your system.img got uploaded Reboot directly into recovery mode.

8) Once in recovery, select "Choose update from external" in the recovery, and select the sec_csc.zip you downloaded earlier (did you remember to put that file on your external SD card?). This will install the CSC files and run the preload checkin so you don't FC all over the place

9) IMPORTANT--After flashing the sec_csc, the Note will reboot.
Try to catch it in time to reboot BACK into recovery
Once in recovery, select "Choose update from external" in the recovery, and select the 2400258.zip you downloaded earlier.

This will give you a stock MJ5 system. You can choose to stop here if you don't want to root.

10) Extract rldv.zip to the root of your internal sdcard (NOTE **my script removes Knox apps). Reboot, then once SuperSu installs, Reboot again.

This leaves you with a rooted MJ5 device.

mazdamiata210
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Again, I have done this 5 times. No joke. I have redownloaded everything 3 times.
Did you do this??

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3 > iPhone 5S > iPhone 6 Plus

533y4
Old
(Last edited by 533y4; 4th April 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Did you do this??
Yes. And everytime I try this again I have to delete and revert drivers, because ODIN won't see it afterwards. X_X

The drivers named "WinUSB 6.1.7600"

mazdamiata210
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes. And everytime I try this again I have to delete and revert drivers, because ODIN won't see it afterwards. X_X
Switch usb ports, switch usb cables, switch computers if possible.

Are you on an administrator account for windows?

533y4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Switch usb ports, switch usb cables, switch computers if possible.

Are you on an administrator account for windows?
I will try this. I am on a ASUS G75 with Win 7 Ultimate X64 via USB 2.0 not USB 3.0. The account I am using is the Administrator. I'm also going to try and run Heimdall as Admin. I'll report back in about 10 mins.