Is there a project management app on Android?

OP Cleargrey

13th May 2010, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 32

255 posts
More
I'm unfortunately going to have to post this in a few places because I don't know where it's going to get the most exposure, but I'll start here because I have a Desire.

I need an app to manage the various projects that I have going on. In some ways, you can think of it as a todo application which has subtasks, projects/groups, action lists, sorting via time till due/time taken/project/importance etc.

If you have the time, check out this site where there guy goes through a number of options and criteria for a good GTD (getting things done) application.

I've tested:
OpenLoops
Astrid
Goals Todo

For starters, Astrid cannot sort by tag/project and non have sub-tasks.

I'm really hoping there is a project management app out there and someone can help me.
14th May 2010, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks Meter: 0

168 posts
More
http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.ssi.gtasksbeta
14th May 2010, 09:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouth

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.ssi.gtasksbeta

i use it also...
14th May 2010, 10:54 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

255 posts
More
Is this purely an offline GTasks? (I couldn't really see much in the way of features.) If it is, GTasks is quite a basic todo manager, let alone project manager.
16th May 2010, 11:24 PM   |  #5  

12 posts
Re: Is there a project management app on Android?
Projects feature for Astrid is currently in development. Don't expect it all that soon though.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire
17th May 2010, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

255 posts
More
Someone suggested Got To Do + Toodledo. Seems to have much going for it. Testing it out now.
18th May 2010, 03:02 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
ActionComplete?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleargrey

I'm unfortunately going to have to post this in a few places because I don't know where it's going to get the most exposure, but I'll start here because I have a Desire.

I need an app to manage the various projects that I have going on. In some ways, you can think of it as a todo application which has subtasks, projects/groups, action lists, sorting via time till due/time taken/project/importance etc.

If you have the time, check out this site where there guy goes through a number of options and criteria for a good GTD (getting things done) application.

I've tested:
OpenLoops
Astrid
Goals Todo

For starters, Astrid cannot sort by tag/project and non have sub-tasks.

I'm really hoping there is a project management app out there and someone can help me.

Have you tested 'action complete'
Their website: http://actioncomplete.com/android
Review of it: http://www.androidtapp.com/actioncomplete/

It's free and was built around GTD system afaik. It allows for sorting and projects with 'actions' and 'waits' within them. Good luck
20th May 2010, 10:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
You might want to try Thymer.
It's online and I believe it's not free but they have a beta running for Android.
22nd May 2010, 11:35 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

13 posts
I'm also looking for something similar. My only real requirement is sub-tasks though.

Got To Do seems nice, but to get sub tasks you have to pay for a pro license for ToodleDo, after you pay for the app itself. I'm sure its not expensive, but still...

Action Complete doesn't seem to have sub tasks.

I've also checked out Astrid and OpenLoops.

I thought the whole idea of GTD was to break a task down into smaller sub-tasks so you can "get things done".

I think I was actually using ToodleDo on my iPhone, but I don't recall having to pay to get sub tasks. Perhaps that is new.
23rd May 2010, 11:32 AM   |  #10  
Flag Canberra

74 posts
More
Any methodologies in mind? Any back end software like MS Project Server or open source PM apps / servers in mind? I.e. how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread