Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need RUU for vodap102 with Hboot 1.56 S-On

Tip us?

Phony B
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need RUU for vodap102 with Hboot 1.56 S-On

Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Could somebody provide me a copy or help me to find another solution?

Thank you very much

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phony B View Post
Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Thank you very much
Read this thread. Doesn't look good for you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549252

Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phony B View Post
Hi folks,

Thank you very much
Can't offer a solution, unfortunately , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.

harshdev
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Can't offer a solution, unfortunately , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.
Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdev View Post
Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.
As far as I know, the usual cause for "active cmdline overflow" is something to do with a "bad" kernel (boot.img)... not saying the kernel you're using is bad, maybe just has some bugs or is incompatible with your ROM.

And since you're saying it only happens on custom kernel and/or low battery, I don't think anything is messed up.

The other guys, which even after full RUU, still had "active cmdline overflow" couldn't get passed bootloader... nothing!, no stock recovery, no custom recovery, no ROM... nada, nothing... even a factory reset in bootloader would cause bootloop back to bootloader.

So I think you should be ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]