Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Recovery boot error

OP N12X93R

6th April 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

89 posts
I used FreeGee to try to install a custom recovery after root. First TWRP, stuck at performing action. Then CWM. Then the older CWM. Always stuck at performing action. The old CWM worked. Reboot to recovery and get security boot error. Looked around on forums and found a CWM batch install that everyone says works for them. Still recovery boot error. Anyone know what's up? I'm on AT&T D800. Rooted by ioroot25

Also RomManager says I have both recoveries installed. Thinking this might be the issue. How do I delete one or both and get on the right track?
Last edited by N12X93R; 6th April 2014 at 05:34 AM.
7th April 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 64

448 posts
More
I think I have the same problem. Could u solve the problem?
8th April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N12X93R

I used FreeGee to try to install a custom recovery after root. First TWRP, stuck at performing action. Then CWM. Then the older CWM. Always stuck at performing action. The old CWM worked. Reboot to recovery and get security boot error. Looked around on forums and found a CWM batch install that everyone says works for them. Still recovery boot error. Anyone know what's up? I'm on AT&T D800. Rooted by ioroot25

Also RomManager says I have both recoveries installed. Thinking this might be the issue. How do I delete one or both and get on the right track?

no you can't get recovery on kk because they patched our recovery/loki exploit on kk bootloader
8th April 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Plug not able to boot in recovery on Lg g2 802.. with stock 4.4. 2
I have rooted my LG G2 using ioroot 25 and used Flashify tool to flash TWRp 2.7.0.0 however getting boot certification error.
I have 802 model updated on LG 4.4.2.
Please help want install CM11 snapshot build.
8th April 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 65

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purav786

I have rooted my LG G2 using ioroot 25 and used Flashify tool to flash TWRp 2.7.0.0 however getting boot certification error.
I have 802 model updated on LG 4.4.2.
Please help want install CM11 snapshot build.

Safest way is to go back to stock 4.2.2 first, then root with IOroot then install recovery.lok
8th April 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenminister

Safest way is to go back to stock 4.2.2 first, then root with IOroot then install recovery.lok

Thanks Dranchenminister, but how can I return to stock 4.2.2 from stock 4.4.2?
8th April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #7  

82 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks Dranchenminister, but how can I return to stock 4.2.2 from stock 4.4.2?

There is a sticky thread in the general section of the forum
8th April 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenminister

There is a sticky thread in the general section of the forum

Thanks again for quick help however I have checked the downgrade process and its too long plus I have to download stock 4.2.2 firmware which is 1GB plus in size..

So is there no easy method to install recovery on already rooted stock 4.4.2 firmware?
8th April 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #9  

82 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks again for quick help however I have checked the downgrade process and its too long plus I have to download stock 4.2.2 firmware which is 1GB plus in size..

So is there no easy method to install recovery on already rooted stock 4.4.2 firmware?

No, no easy one, and some might even say none at all, but you can read the rooting thread where they discuss recovery as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448887

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread