XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

G2 Screen goes black at around 50% battery level.

OP jer_33

8th April 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
History:

Phone was warrantied after it locked up during KK update. LG Canada replaced the board.

Current:

Had it for a day, loaded everything back on (apps, photos, contacts etc..) and in the middle of uploading my backed-up videos the screen goes black. I can hear the tap/swipe noises when I touch the screen, but nothing brings back the screen. I try turning off/restart, holding the power button for 20+ secs, and confirming that it's not just in lockscreen. When turned back on, I can hear the LG splashscreen but the screen is still black.

Later that evening, I planned to set the phone to charge for the night and see if it was a battery issue. With the phone completely shut down, I plugged in the micro-USB quick charge and to my amazement the charging battery graphic appeared. I powered the phone up and everything was fine.

It has happened a few times, and all around when the battery reaches the half-charge level.

Anyone else experience this? Any way I can troubleshoot?

Should I just warranty the phone again - or get it replaced?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread