Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to use 720p/1080p on Youtube app? Help!

Tip us?

kezzap42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to use 720p/1080p on Youtube app? Help!

Hi guys, I want to 1080p or 720p watch youtube videos in my android devices. And while was in 3g network . I searched but, i not find. My device: LG P760. Please, help . Thanks.

lootjelo
Old
Thanks Meter 122
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1529715

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk
DEVICES:
-Huawei Ascend P6-U06, running Omni HYD52ROM v1
-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" GT-P3110, running stock 4.2.2 Touchwiz
-Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830i, running Simplicity v5

(\_(\
( ^3^)O
<(I'm always glad to help!!)
C(")(")
The Following User Says Thank You to lootjelo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 155
If you're not rooted and/or don't want to mess around with the youtube app, sideload TubeMate. When you switch to full screen, it'll give you resolution options. And of course, TubeMate's main function is that it allows you to download the video to your device. Downloading youtube videos doesn't jive with Google's TOS, so you have to do a search and sideload it; it's unavailable from the Play Store. I can't get FHD to work for playback, even on my LG 8.3 tablet ("not supported); it maxes at 720p. However, I can download at FHD and watch it with a 3rd party player (but requires MP3 Video Converter to also be installed).

There's also SuperTube (available from the Play Store). No downloading of course, but it lets you select the resolution up to 720p. The nifty thing with this app is that it's also a floating player, which means you can watch a video on top of another app or your homescreens.

kezzap42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very very much @lootjelo.

fakeblitz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, i was looking for this, all i need is to have the phone rooted correct?

kezzap42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My device is rooted. Installing for Youtube 4.4.11 v5b apk , your need uninstall to installed system youtube application. Need rooted device for this. @fakeblitz