Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 46,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.2.7] XT925

Tip us?
Tquetski Old
(Last edited by Tquetski; 15th February 2014 at 04:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Default [4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.2.7] XT925

// XT925
// Android 4.2.2
// Current Version [ 4.2.7 ]
// All Languages

MIUI ROM 4.2.7 Full Changelog
Quote:
[Lock screen, Status bar, and Notification shade]
New - Added the option to customize carrier name (Settings-Notifications-Additional settings-Edit service provider name)
Optimization - Improved pulldown notification shade and displayed some information in the status bar

[Weather]
Fix - Location issues of places outside China

[Security Center]
Fix - Display error of phone internal storage in Cleaner

MIUIv5 4.2.7 Download
2-14-2014: MIUI v5 4.2.7

Working:
- Everything
* Make sure to enable ADB debugging if you encounter MTP issues.

MIUI General FAQ

Q: How do I root this?
A: Enable root in the perm manager, which can be found in the security folder.

Q: Why is G-Apps not listed for Download?
A: Too Bloaty, add a Google account and install the play store as an APK, I suggest using Aptoide to find it.

Q: 4G LTE isn't working
A: Load the Phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, goto Phone information, Set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL).

Q: Help! Phone/SystemUI/Keyboard Isn't working/Is Force Closing!
A: Make sure to do a completely clean wipe, also I'm not sure how well this will work if flashed in CWM.

Q: The Browser looks terrible.
A: Settings -> Advanced -> User agent string -> MiOne (It Renders much better & more naturally!)

Q: My Filesystems won't mount/My PC can't see my device/My phone won't act as a MTP/USB Mounting isn't working!
A: Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable Development / USB Debugging (switch both to on)
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tquetski Old
(Last edited by Tquetski; 22nd December 2013 at 01:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Misc. Notes

No need to flash any kernels or do any witchcraft, everything should be fine
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UserDemos
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquetski View Post
Misc. Notes
Well, this is highly experimental and may require Kernel modding, It may not boot, or it may boot with full functionality.

[B]PLEASE Give feedback even if it is stable[/B ]and I'll do my best to get this in working order If It's broken, but I followed procedure so it should def. not cause any hard bricks.
I've always wanted to try it, but just curious: isn't MIUI on V4 now? Have they updated MIUI for 4.2 yet?

Fekajo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
You took the Epinter rom as base? it is CM10? So the camera work?
Tquetski Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDemos View Post
I've always wanted to try it, but just curious: isn't MIUI on V4 now? Have they updated MIUI for 4.2 yet?
This is MIUI V4, but the build number they are most recent with is 3.11, although I'm using 3.8 as a base for compatibility purposes.

Really, MIUI V4 spans from 2.6 - 3.x.xx I believe
Tquetski Old
Thanks Meter
Camera should work, and Yeah It's based on Epinters CM10, I don't know if MIUI has 4.2 support yet- keep me updated on the working order of this rom because there have been 7 DLs but nobody has said that it isn't functioning...so...

evandro.oliveira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So many force closes...
unfortunately android.phone has stopped
Themes
MiuiHome

And have no NAVIGATION BAR
Tquetski Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by evandro.oliveira View Post
So many force closes...
unfortunately android.phone has stopped
Themes
MiuiHome

And have no NAVIGATION BAR
Baddabing, I know what the cause of these issues are, they are actually not too hard to resolve and do stem from the same thing. the fact that I got this close means I'll probably have this rom functional much sooner than I thought.

For now I will pull the link to this build while the next build is pending, thank you for the feedback!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tquetski Old
(Last edited by Tquetski; 22nd February 2013 at 10:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Ok, new build is up.

Pretty sure I engaged in too much bull**** with merging and code changes last time to cause the android.phone Force Quit.

Home and Themes FC were a Shelld related issues which now should be resolved.

Edit: Keep in mind a lot of MIUI porting is trial and error, great patience will be needed for a perfect port of this, because of the nature of this one build could fix one thing but break others.
The best way to get a stable port of MIUI is to do everything right the first time, so I'll be trying different things in order to find that golden place of stability.

Thanks again to the folks willing to give feedback, It is more important than any of the things I do in any project.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evandro.oliveira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tquetski,
i still have issues with android.phone on v2, several force closes.