Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Streak down center of screen

Tip us?

haymeadowfield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Streak down center of screen

Does anyone have any idea what caused this streak down the center of the screen? There is no problem with the response to touch. That is working fine. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New_DSCN0221.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2661382  

Robert_1968_
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Talking streak down

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
Does anyone have any idea what caused this streak down the center of the screen? There is no problem with the response to touch. That is working fine. Thanks.
I believe it has something to do with the floating glass issue, In some cases on the nexus 7 the glass isn't connecting to the below surface very good. the is some space between the glass and the next layar. this is causing this kind of issues, you should google this thing.

haymeadowfield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I googled this before posting and came up with nothing.
I posted on another forum and got a similar response like yours. Probably screen separating as it also shows up when the Nexus is off.
Got any ideas on how to fit it?

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
I googled this before posting and came up with nothing.
I posted on another forum and got a similar response like yours. Probably screen separating as it also shows up when the Nexus is off.
Got any ideas on how to fit it?
New LCD you will probably need to get a pre glued digitaliser and LCD

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

haymeadowfield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for confirming. I'm watching a couple of the complete assemblies on ebay.