Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IOroot 25 problem

Tip us?
 
drsaidalavi
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default [Q] IOroot 25 problem

Hello,

I have LG g2 D802. Accidentally upgraded to Official Kitkat 4.4.2. As I am a root user I was in search of a rooting process and I found this IOroot 25 method. It installed the super user, but incompletely. But it installed a recovery which is horrible. It does not recognise the sd card and when I did factory reset it completely wiped the sd card. Then I tried to unroot or reinstall the official KDZ file, all not successful. The computer asks for formatting Disk G, H , i etc. Do I format it ? What I should do. Kindly help me

Thanking You
 
Drachenminister
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaidalavi View Post
Hello,

I have LG g2 D802. Accidentally upgraded to Official Kitkat 4.4.2. As I am a root user I was in search of a rooting process and I found this IOroot 25 method. It installed the super user, but incompletely. But it installed a recovery which is horrible. It does not recognise the sd card and when I did factory reset it completely wiped the sd card. Then I tried to unroot or reinstall the official KDZ file, all not successful. The computer asks for formatting Disk G, H , i etc. Do I format it ? What I should do. Kindly help me

Thanking You
Keep Calm
and
Don't format


Then follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

By the way IOroot doesn't install any recovery, that's the stock recovery that it only boots into to sideload.

And yes IOroot does not install busybox but you can do that manually afterwards if you wish
 
drsaidalavi
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenminister View Post
Keep Calm
and
Don't format


Then follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

By the way IOroot doesn't install any recovery, that's the stock recovery that it only boots into to sideload.

And yes IOroot does not install busybox but you can do that manually afterwards if you wish
This solution is out of my reach as I have no linux and I don't know anything about ubuntu .
Is there any simple solution using windows. I tried using adb, but the phone goes into offline and the computer says format disk G, H, I , J etc. If I format what will happen? Is it wise to format?
Kindly help me
Thanking You once again
 
kuppenhorst
Old
(Last edited by kuppenhorst; 6th April 2014 at 09:21 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 110
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaidalavi View Post
This solution is out of my reach as I have no linux and I don't know anything about ubuntu .
Is there any simple solution using windows. I tried using adb, but the phone goes into offline and the computer says format disk G, H, I , J etc. If I format what will happen? Is it wise to format?
Kindly help me
Thanking You once again
obviously you did not even take a look into the mentioned link. you don't have to know a lot about linux/ubuntu. just read the tutorial

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

you will learn there that you can use ubuntu via usb-storage or live-cd...and do not format anything or you might hardbrick your phone

btw...android is just like ubuntu a linux system. doesn't it make sense to fix a problem like this within linux?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes