I keep getting Status 7 error (Set_perm failed, no such file or directory) on the SU binaries when they are clearly there.
I've tried the following.
- Rewriting the entire updater-script
- Changing my SU binary in system/bin
- Adding my binary to /xbin instead and symlinking the other way
- Having both copies of the binary (without symlinking of course) in /bin and /xbin, both give this error.
- Using different SU apps and binaries.
- Even using existing updater-scripts and simple ones.
Script: (Where it gives Status 7)
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin"); set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su"); symlink("/system/bin/su", "/system/xbin/su");
minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/busybox" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/daemonsu" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/dexdump" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/entro" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/openvpn" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/rngd" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/sqlite3" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/su" minzip: Extracted file "/system/xbin/zipalign" about to run program [/tmp/installbusybox] with 1 args set_perm: chown of /system/xbin/su to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory set_perm: chmod of /system/xbin/su to 6755 failed: No such file or directory script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed set_perm: some changes failed E:Error in /sdcard/Extracted/ATGB r3.zip
Edit 2 : I fixed it. Turns out the problem was caused somehow by my update-binary.
Request thread lock.