[Q] Call volume really low

Search This thread

DJRepresent

Apr 14, 2010
Is there an app or other software to boost the volume? All my volume settings are maxed and i cant really hear the caller. Sometimes, though, it comes in just fine, but most of the time it doesnt.

Thanks

Player-J

Dec 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
Is there an app or other software to boost the volume? All my volume settings are maxed and i cant really hear the caller. Sometimes, though, it comes in just fine, but most of the time it doesnt.

Thanks

I had this problem with another phone and after an extensive search, I ultimately gave up on it. I will share what I tried and maybe save you a little trouble.

First and simplest, try gently cleaning out the earpiece with a little toothpick, a pin, or better yet blow it out with some air. This seems to work for some people, as overtime gunk can build up inside the screen.

Next, there are a lot of apps that claim to work as volume boosters. Most of them are for speaker volume and not for in-call volume. After sifting through many of them I found one or two that claimed to help in call volume but they really did not work. If you go this route then "happy hunting".

Some ROMs have a hearing aid setting under the Accessibility options but I couldn't tell you which. The ROM I'm using has ways to change the volume steps for all volume settings and that might help (I'm using Liquid Smooth found here in the DEV section).

There is an Xposed module that enables you to adjust some volume steps.

Viper for Android gives you a lot of control over the sound of the device (it has Xloud) and it works well with the Apollo Music Player found on many ROMs but I can't say for sure it helps in-call volume. It sure makes music sound good though.

Last and hardest, if you are rooted and have a file managing app, you can go into the system files and edit them. This would probably require the assistance of a dev who could tell you exactly where these file are located and what the correct settings should be. Of course, there is always a chance of damaging your phone this way.

That's all I know. Hopefully, one of these options will work for you, or someone wiser will jumped in with a better solution. Good luck!

orange808

May 9, 2011
You need to tell everyone what software you are using and how long you have been having a problem.