[ROM][UB][4.4.4][V][OTA updates] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alx31

May 15, 2013
XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Tsubasa owners.
Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since V is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
BigShotRob
Bionic Beast
dg4prez
Kejar31
mattmanwrx
morfic
nocoast
pixeldotz
slick_rick
winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.2

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.2, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Halo feature has been removed by carbon team (no more even supported by PA) due to bugs it was causing to other features including Pie, omniswitch is there to replace it

Bugs:

None for now!
U tell me...

And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Carbon KK unofficial download folder

From now new builds will be available on my our HubDroid server and OTA updates

Carbon Tsubasa unofficials builds link here

PA Gapps 4.4.4 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
[B][U]latest build of today 21/10 { build 24 }
[U]for previous builds and further see in thread 
when i mention a new build is available[/U][/U][/B]

[U]build5:[/U]
Repos updated
Display/media caf sources merged
Carbon sources synced
Latest blobs from @[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=382340"]walter79[/URL]
Cherry picked these commits [URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62300/"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62300/"]here[/URL]
[B][U][COLOR=Red]This build don't boot[/COLOR][/U][/B]

[U]Builds 1 to 4:[/U]
original no changes

Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
@x10forevers
@Abhinav2
@paxy97 for testing

Obviously CyanogenMod,Sony and Google for sources, repo ...

#include<iforgotyou.h>

Last edited:

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
Great work, will try your amazing rom later.

Been missing Devs making new roms for our lovely XV.

How's battery life on it. Any better than CM11?
Is it stable enough for a daily use rom?

Thanks anyway, will report later with personal opinions...
:laugh:

Reactions: rob rich

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
My friend has a Nexus 4, he told me that Carbon is of the best ROMs of Nexus 4! Going to test it soon.

Thanks!

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
Does ART work on this ROM?

Tested the ROM for several hours now.
Battery drain low - comparable to AOKP - ~2%/hour standby.
ART working perfectly.
Just remember: move all google applications out from /system to user space. This way you get greenify to work on them as well, under ART.
Otherwise you need Xposed framework which is not compatible to ART.

This is an awesome job! I've been dying to try Carbon on my Tsubasa, I've seen it in action on a Samsung a colleague of mine has and it's a beauty.

What seems to be in order:
- Active display
- Dark Carbon
- NFC, BT, WiFi (btw, why am i getting better wifi signal on this than on CM???!!!??)
- Pie controls
- All customization options

Problems found: none so far (testing is still ongoing)
Edit: phone builds up heat and stops charging after a while.

Random Reboots count: 3
- while pairing my SW2 with the phone via NFC
- while restoring applications from backup with Android tuner

Best regards!

Last edited:

TheEdgeOfRage

Apr 28, 2012
Novi Sad
ART working perfectly.
Just remember: move all google applications out from /system to user space. This way you get greenify to work on them as well, under ART.

This is an awesome job! I've been dying to try Carbon on my Tsubasa, I've seen it in action on a Samsung a colleague of mine has and it's a beauty.

- Active display
- Dark Carbon
- NFC, BT, WiFi (btw, why am i getting better wifi signal on this than on CM???!!!??)
- Pie controls

Random Reboots count: 0 :D

Best regards!

ART makes the phone reboot a bit more frequently than dalvik. I got 2 in 3 hours and on dalvik none so far. Also google play music seems to have some issues with ART :/

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
ART makes the phone reboot a bit more frequently than dalvik. I got 2 in 3 hours and on dalvik none so far. Also google play music seems to have some issues with ART :/

You're right - at least for this build.
Had no problem whatsoever on AOKP though..

Unfortunately the last reboot left me without control of my AR-Drone 2.0 while it was hovering 10m above me :laugh: thank Parrot for the stabilizer.
Rolled back to AOKP but i am looking forward to seeing more improvements on this ROM's stability.

Reactions: Unknownkj

Unknownkj

Oct 15, 2013
ART working perfectly.

- Active display
- Dark Carbon
- Pie controls

Edit: phone builds up heat and stops charging after a while.

Random Reboots count: 3
- while pairing my SW2 with the phone via NFC
- while restoring applications from backup with Android tuner

Best regards!

How do I move my Google apps to user space? Into sdcard0?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: alexbo

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Guys u can't compare AOKP, CM (or based on it) , Omni these builds are totally differents...don't even try dirty flash between these roms u will be disapointed...fcs all over.

Then for art don't forget that even CM Team said its not stable yet...

Tapatalked with my Yuga

TheEdgeOfRage

Apr 28, 2012
Novi Sad
I know asking for ETAs is forbidden, but does anybody know when HALO is coming to Carbon?

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unknownkj

Oct 15, 2013
Rom Is pretty smooth. Pie works well. Expanded desktop don't seem to be working tho. Good stuff!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Alx31

May 15, 2013
I like how no one is complaining about bugs :)

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1 lolll its almost too easy...and about halo it will take a bit more time.
Im moving soon and theres boxes everywhere...soon as im landed to new place i will work on that, it's not that complicated; but soon as i will repo sync i will loose function

Im in contact with someone from Carbon team wich gave me some tips...will try to cherry pick it and make it stay on each update.

He also told me that basicaly, Carbon Team abandonned halo project beceause its causing too much bugs with other functions. So i will test it but if theres too much bugs i won't keep it too.

Its pretty smooth on dalvik till u switch to art and It heats up Like a furnace. [emoji1]

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk

Art is still in beta stage and not stable...mentionned by CM officially.

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
Man, this ROM is AWEESOOOOMEE! :D I really Love it. It's the best Kk ROM I've tested on Xperia V :)

It has awesome customization options.

No bugs I've found in 3 hours of testing with Dalvik.
And I didn't face any BSOD or reboots in these 3 hours :D

Really thanks for this awesome ROM bro. :)

Reactions: Alx31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Tsubasa owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since V is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.2

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.2, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Halo feature has been removed by carbon team (no more even supported by PA) due to bugs it was causing to other features including Pie, omniswitch is there to replace it

Bugs:

None for now!
    U tell me...

And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Carbon KK unofficial download folder

From now new builds will be available on my our HubDroid server and OTA updates

Carbon Tsubasa unofficials builds link here

PA Gapps 4.4.4 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
    [B][U]latest build of today 21/10 { build 24 }
    [U]for previous builds and further see in thread 
    when i mention a new build is available[/U][/U][/B]

[U]build5:[/U]
    Repos updated
    Display/media caf sources merged
    Carbon sources synced
    Latest blobs from @[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=382340"]walter79[/URL]
    Cherry picked these commits [URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62300/"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62300/"]here[/URL]
    [B][U][COLOR=Red]This build don't boot[/COLOR][/U][/B]

[U]Builds 1 to 4:[/U]
    original no changes

Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
    you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers
    @Abhinav2
    @paxy97 for testing

Obviously CyanogenMod,Sony and Google for sources, repo ...

#include<iforgotyou.h>
    154898Screenshots.png

Thanks to @paxy97 for SS ;)

exxy.png
    0gfi.png
    io75.png

p18a.png
    6hwv.png
    5aie.png
    Yop all, I though I'd drop by to share my actual settings/tweaks because @Aria.A97 told me you might be interested.
    I'm not running karbon but on NeoWave and I'm using his omni kernel, so I don't know what they accomplish on your setups.
    I use cfq scheduler with 1024kb buffer size to almost stop the buggy sound playback (that I also had when I was using carbon rom so it might be helpful)
    To finish the sound bug fully, there is a setting in the ondemand governor called io_is_busy that prevents the clocks going down when the system is waiting for some io stuff, set it to true (1).
    It does cost some battery (so if no sound bug or other strange lags when system is reading memory, don't use it.)
    I didn't have sound bugs since I set those.

I was forced to use ondemand governor now, so I read about it and tried some settings to make it behave more like the interactive governor which gave me a better battery life and smoother system .
    The ones that are quite effective are:
    Overclocking but whenever the two cores are overclocked the phone gets a bit to warm in extreme situations, so I only overclock the second core.

Powersave_bias it sets a percentage of "effort" the system does to use lower clocks.
    It compensates the extra heat from the overclocking and is quite effective on battery stamina and the phone isn't really loosing a lot of "bite" or responsiveness when the setting remains around or under 10% (100, as it is a 0 to 1000 scale) default setting is 0 so basically just a low percentage will activate the function and be unnoticeable. I set mine to 100 now.

Up-threshold is the percentage the core must be used before it goes up one notch. Default is 90.
    This setting helps a lot to get the processor go up gradually, and remain in 80% region speeds when more isn't needed.
    Above 93 it becomes noticeable, but in a pleasant way as the ui doesn't spike from very slow to foll speed, but it ramps up gradually. Good for battery and good for the brain :) I set mine to 95.

Sampling_down_factor is the number of clock cycles the core remains in its speed when there is no more demand, before clocking down. Default is 4
    I have searched all over but haven't found any reason why this is set to 4 clocks.
    I set this to 1 and got better battery and less heat without noticing any difference what soever besides that.

There you go, I hope it helps.
    I'm really happy with these settings, and I haven't had any problems playing around with them, no fc no bugs.
    Just change 1 at the time, and change with very small steps.

Results for me are better battery and a smoother experience.
    Look how all clocks are being used, it gives me the speed boost of the overclocking without the negative battery effect.
    When not overclocking and a bit lower settings than mine, there is at least 20% of battery life saved without slowing the phone down, even more if you take the time to adapt settings to your personal usage.

Ps I'm just a noob that googled and trialled and errored to find the above, I can share my experience but I don't really know more than that ;)
    Some good news! ...i booted it on my device and since 6 hours i didn't find any bugs on mine...means i can go ahead for other devices, so stay tuned its coming...will start compiling this device after work today...
    That means by tomorrow morning or sooner link will be available.

Tapatalked with my Yuga
    New build is up guyz :D

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Tsubasa_build2
    MD5sum: 232985528a414d85cf78344055766028

OFFICIAL GERRIT's CHANGELOG