Originally Posted by freeekbert
So, I promised to report back. Coming from Android 4.2.2 I did the following:
- Root like described in here:
I used the Chinese method, but please be aware that this way there is strange software installed on your device.
- Then I grabbed Titanium Backup Pro and created a backup of all my installed apps. Those backups and important data from internal storage were pushed to a remote FTP server, because I read that unlocking the boot loader also wipes sdcard0.
- Next step is installing all three OTA updates. Please be patient, because that this (especially the update to 4.4.2) may take some time.
- Unlock boot loader. CAUTION: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! Follow the instructions of Super Tool:
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery with Super Tool or manually via fastboot. I recommend Super Tool, because it's very handy to use.
- Boot to CWM and flash SuperSU.zip by Chainfire and you should be good to go. Now you can reinstall Titanium Backup and restore your previously backed up apps and data from your remote location!
I hope this could come in handy for someone!
GREAT!!!! you finally rooted your device!!! I just want to ask you, is it possible to flash "SuperSU.zip" from "STOCK recovery" after unlocking the bootloader? i.e
1) Unlock bootloader 2) Flash SuperSU.zip from stock recovery ; thats all, now your are rooted. ???
I am going to root , but after at least 3-4 month's of usage. In the past I had rooted LG O1, CUBE U9GT4, iBall Andi4.3a. I also love taking BKPs with TB, very useful for game progress.
Have you tried "viper4android audio mod" and "GLTools"(for maximizing graphics performance for any app)?