XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Post Reply

[Q] Update again?

6th April 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I updated my Z1 to build number 14.3.A.0.681 2 weeks ago through PCC, but today I got a notification on my phone and also when plugged into PCC saying a new system update is available, the same 14.3.A.0.681

Should I update again? if not, how do I get rid of the notifications?
7th April 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #2  
-Happy Feet-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bad Soden-Salmünster/Hessen
Thanks Meter: 105
 
796 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
Is possible. Sony would release today an new firmware update

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughinGoh

I updated my Z1 to build number 14.3.A.0.681 2 weeks ago through PCC, but today I got a notification on my phone and also when plugged into PCC saying a new system update is available, the same 14.3.A.0.681

Should I update again? if not, how do I get rid of the notifications?

would be unlikely for sony to name the new firmware as the previous one... dont update yet..
7th April 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot

would be unlikely for sony to name the new firmware as the previous one... dont update yet..

there is something new in this "update": a new junk app. but that's it. so no need to update, but you probably have to just to get rid of the notification...

i guess your device is c6903 hong kong right?
7th April 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000alex0000

there is something new in this "update": a new junk app. but that's it. so no need to update, but you probably have to just to get rid of the notification...

i guess your device is c6903 hong kong right?

Yeah. C6903 Hong Kong. What's the new app?
7th April 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughinGoh

Yeah. C6903 Hong Kong. What's the new app?

dont have any new apps after the 20.2MB OTA for my Z1 C6903......and I cant find any big different after update =_=
7th April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,025
 
9,415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Its an OTA update, just flash it, its fine. It may not be enough to jump a version number as it is just the fix for sound issues

AFAIK...
7th April 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
So I ended up updating it. Don't see any difference. But I did notice I can change my lockscreen wallpaper now. Before the first KK update, I had that bug. Hope everything works fine now.
7th April 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #9  
djg269's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
How big is that update?
I got it to and its about 260Mb.

By the way i thought that when you are rooted an unlocked(4.3) device you didnt get an ota.
Or will you get it, but when you proceed the update there will be an error?

FYI. Just clean cache of the update app to get rid of the notification.

Verstuurd van mijn C6903 met Tapatalk
Last edited by djg269; 7th April 2014 at 07:02 PM.
7th April 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djg269

How big is that update?
I got it to and its about 260Mb.

By the way i thought that when you are rooted an unlocked(4.3) device you didnt get an ota.
Or will you get it, but when you proceed the update there will be an error?

FYI. Just clean cache of the update app to get rid of the notification.

Verstuurd van mijn C6903 met Tapatalk

I don't rmb how big it was, I just clicked install after download. lol

My device is unlocked and I never did any rooting.

So far, everything seems to be working fine, no lockscreen bug and also no speaker bug from before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank