Hey Bell users, I recently lost my IMEI and after restoring it using this method I now have no service. However their is a solution and but I need your help!
I need a backup of a specific file from a working BELL SGS3. Their is no flashing required as you only need to install a windows program and click a few buttons, then upload the file and PM it to PeopleArmy. The file will allow xda member, Peoplearmy to add BELL to his Data Restorer App for post-IMEI-injection issues. The file is small and will only take you a few minutes to retreive. As a bonus, the file you are retrieving is a backup of your IMEI data, which is good for you to keep in case you ever loose it.
If any Bell user already has a QCN file backup, please skip to step 7 so I can get this fix underway for my phone and the others waiting to get data back.
INSTRUCTIONS (for stock samsung rooted/unrooted roms - AOSP roms follow this):
1. DOWNLOAD and Install QPST V2.7.378 from HERE. Unzip the file and run the "setup.exe" to install QPST.
(Please note that QPST is a powerful program and can flash anything you throw at it. Don't do anything outside of the instructions as it can/could damage your phone)
2. You need open a hidden settings menu. Using the stock dialer dial *#7284#
3. Press the USBSettingsMenu button and put your phone in "RMNET + DM + MODEM" mode.
4. Plug your phone into your computer. Open your windows control panel and look in device manager under Ports and Serials you should see your phone there (note the COM##).
5. Find QPST in your start menu and open "QPST Configuration", click on the PORTS tab and then on Add New Port button. You should see the phone listed in the box on the right side. Click it and press OK. If you don't see it, type in COM## where ## is the port number you noted in step 4 and click OK. Close "QPST Configuration".
6. Find QPST in your start menu and open "Software Download". Click on the BACKUP tab. Make sure your phone is listed at the top under Port. Select the location you want to save your backup beside the "QCN File". Click Start and wait for it to finish. You should now have a QCN file of your NV wherever you made the save location.
7. Submitting your QCN is no longer required as this issue has been solved.
Please note that the instructions above were originally written by PeopleArmy but I modified them for people like me, who need it a little simpler
Thank you for your help,