Ask a question

No registration required

help

OP bigkirk

5th March 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Im sure you guys have heard it before, but I really could use some help. I just received my early bird edition, not developers and I have no idea where to start. I am not a computer guru like you guys are and could use assistance. I have my sim installed and my SD card. Few things:

How do I get the google play store?
is there a way to customize my watch at all? Seems pretty bare?

Thanks for the help
5th March 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,284

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkirk

Im sure you guys have heard it before, but I really could use some help. I just received my early bird edition, not developers and I have no idea where to start. I am not a computer guru like you guys are and could use assistance. I have my sim installed and my SD card. Few things:

How do I get the google play store?
is there a way to customize my watch at all? Seems pretty bare?

Thanks for the help

There is a sticky that is the second post in this section called [INFO] Everything.... it contains almost every bit of information regarding the TS and other x201 devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,547

6,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
@Lokifish Marz
Mate...you are only (that I know and see) who are trying to help guys here.

As soon as my watch arrives I'll help you to help here :P

I can help now, generally but without watch that's not something big

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Help
Hi,

I also need help. I just got my TS and downloaded the play store and started to load apps onto the watch. Everything was fine until I set the watch down to fix dinner. When I came back, it wouldn't turn on. I tried holding down both buttons thinking that may be how you can reset it...no luck. I don't want to open the back because that will ruin my warranty. Is there anything else I can do? I am not computer literate (figuring out how to sideload the play store apk was the achievement of a century for me).

I just feel so lost. I don't know who to even ask at this point...I don't think I did anything wrong to the watch. I have no clue why this happened. I just got it today.
7th March 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,284

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried to charge it yet?

Also, if you haven't rooted or run the patch, really bad idea to put ANY info on it.
8th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 119

576 posts
You can open the back without voiding anything but the water-resistance warranty. If you open the back you can pull the battery. If you pull the battery, or let it run down all the way, then try to restart your watch with a charged battery in place, it will probably work again.

It may be that your power button has slipped out of alignment or is otherwise not pushing on the switch on the main board correctly. Sometimes the main board can shift away from the external buttons. If you open your TrueSmart, you can take a look anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
9th March 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

Have you tried to charge it yet?

Also, if you haven't rooted or run the patch, really bad idea to put ANY info on it.

Well here is the deal. To be honest, I have no idea how to program, load apps etc etc etc. I saw an awesome piece of technology and a great new idea but I think I am what you guys refer to as someone that needs to plug it in and it work. I have watched the videos that you have all posted and to be honest, you guys are all incredibly smart at what you do. I watch your videos and am lost immediately. Its not fair to you guys to ask a million questions so I am willing to pay for someone to help me. Please someone contact me. my email address is baysideinvestments@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.
30th March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
[QUOTE=bigkirk;50950808]Well here is the deal. To be honest, I have no idea how to program, load apps etc etc etc. I saw an awesome piece of technology and a great new idea but I think I am what you guys refer to as someone that needs to plug it in and it work. I have watched the videos that you have all posted and to be honest, you guys are all incredibly smart at what you do. I watch your videos and am lost immediately. Its not fair to you guys to ask a million questions so I am willing to pay for someone to help me. Please someone contact me. my email address is baysideinvestments@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE\

I ran into a similar problem with my power button not turning on my watch. Sigh. Did you ever solve your problem? Its hard enough that I can't even open the back of the watch as I had to take it to a local jewelry person to have him open it to put in my memory card when I first got the watch.
5th April 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999

You can open the back without voiding anything but the water-resistance warranty. If you open the back you can pull the battery. If you pull the battery, or let it run down all the way, then try to restart your watch with a charged battery in place, it will probably work again.

It may be that your power button has slipped out of alignment or is otherwise not pushing on the switch on the main board correctly. Sometimes the main board can shift away from the external buttons. If you open your TrueSmart, you can take a look anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My 1900. omate will not power on so how do I check to make sure the min board is in contact with the power button? I can see it pushing down some metal tip when I press the power button but then what? Push it with a screwdriver or ?
5th April 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 119

576 posts
With your TrueSmart back cover off but the battery still installed, can you still see where the power button is pushing against the power switch on the main board ? If so, you can push the power button and see if it hits the switch to depress it. Maybe you could also carefully slip a tool in sideways between the button and switch and attempt to depress the switch. I suggest you try with something non-conducting first, if you can reach it with the battery still installed at all.

This is just to check whether the power switch is being depressed far enough to activate the watch. Sometimes the switch has been found to not have been properly soldered to the main board or to be otherwise defective.

Make sure it still won't power on after a battery pull first, of course. I'm sure you have already tried that, but it bears repeating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread