OP digitalhigh

6th April 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 5,504

2,540 posts
Donate to Me
More
Allright kids...with the release of a firewater S-OFF method for the VZW M8 apparently around the corner...I got a little antsy. I noticed we have no resources available when we do get the ability to play, so I decided to go ahead and put together a few things for those of you who will undoubtedly follow and want to start cooking your own ROMS.

Here's what I've got for you:

STOCK ROOTED/DEODEXED/BUSYBOX/INIT.D ENABLED/DEBLOATED ROM

So obviously, I can't test this yet. But I'd be astonished if it didn't work. This should be a fully rooted, fully flashable stock ROM you can use once we have S-off and a custom recovery. The boot.img has been modified to fix system write and add init.d support for all your scripting pleasures. All apks and jars have been deodexed and zipaligned.

In short, you should be able to use this for whatever creations you want out of the box once we are unlocked and running.

(not working yet, files for dev purposes only ATM)

ROM DOWNLOAD

Kernel Source

VZW-SPECIFIC/BLOAT APPS

This will be a separate .zip including all the stuff that just makes the ROM big and clunky. Devs can choose to re-add these to the ROM, but I will not distribute the bloatware with the stock ROM. If you want to grab an extra 500MB of crap...have at it.

DOWNLOAD HERE

COMPLETE PARTITION LIST

A full enumeration of the partitions on the VZW M8, along with their names. Useful for creating update scripts.

Gdoc
CSV

STOCK RECOVERY/HBOOT/BOOT IMAGE

Because when you play, you sometimes need to fix things. Very possible I will upload a full dump as time permits, but for now, here are the basics should you screw something up once the doors are open...

Recovery.img
Boot.img
Hboot.img

Hopefully, this will not be seen as a placeholder thread. I've got the stock deodexed/rooted just about done...I just need the proper update-binary to make it usable when we have the ability to flash stuff. I will be keeping this updated with goodies as they are to be found.
Last edited by digitalhigh; 7th April 2014 at 02:13 AM.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 5,504

2,540 posts
Donate to Me
More
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0k&usp=sharing

Here is the link to the full directory of resources that I am uploading to in Drive. The stock rooted is about 72% uploaded, and the apps package will follow...but I'm lazy and feel like taking a nap.

Apps are not a flashable at this time...but then again, that really doesn't matter because we can't flash anything yet. They're just there to be added to the base ROM to make it the full system dump. Once we can actually flash, I will begin cataloging which apps can be further removed without any detriment to the system.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Malvern
Thanks Meter: 43

263 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really look forward to the M8 S-Off. I think this is the phone I will get my hands dirty with.
The Following User Says Thank You to chriskader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #4  
In front of the computer
Thanks Meter: 2,252

1,388 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskader

I really look forward to the M8 S-Off. I think this is the phone I will get my hands dirty with.

Nice.
6th April 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 940

2,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks great!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th April 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Awesome. Great prepping. Thanks.

Sent from my dlx using xda app-developers app
7th April 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #7  
Flag To Hell and Back
Thanks Meter: 329

898 posts
More
Nice work. Already downloaded the rooted stock image and the recovery, hboot and boot images. Nice to have them all in one spot.
7th April 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 60

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z

Nice work. Already downloaded the rooted stock image and the recovery, hboot and boot images. Nice to have them all in one spot.

just flashed your boot.img from the rom and it would not boot
7th April 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag charlotte
Thanks Meter: 26

63 posts
More
You have a working recovery already?
7th April 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 60

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlocksmash

You have a working recovery already?

you dont need a recovery to flash kernel (boot.img). i extracted the boot.img from his rom and booted fastboot than executed the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img ... when restarting phone it just boots to fastboot. i had to revert and reflash the stock boot.img then my m8 booted back up

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread