[Q] HTC One Max 4.4 Error

1st April 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
hi i have a HTC one max uk EE bought from Phones4U trying to update to 4.4 but getting red triangle with exclaimation amrk at around 25% phone will then reboot back to normal, 4.3 device is rooted and did have tampeed flag and unlocked flag both of which has been reset

stock recovery flashed back to device, also when trying to enter recovery same error red triangle please help

Update HBoot is 2.46.000
Radio is 4T.21.2318.01
OS 1.19.401.2
dated Oct 4 2013 16:11:18

Please help
Last edited by Eveess; 1st April 2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: more info
1st April 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveess

hi i have a HTC one max uk EE bought from Phones4U trying to update to 4.4 but getting red triangle with exclaimation amrk at around 25% phone will then reboot back to normal, 4.3 device is rooted and did have tampeed flag and unlocked flag both of which has been reset

stock recovery flashed back to device, also when trying to enter recovery same error red triangle please help

Update HBoot is 2.46.000
Radio is 4T.21.2318.01
OS 1.19.401.2
dated Oct 4 2013 16:11:18

Please help

i have tried to download the files from HTC1Guru and it fails all the time
1st April 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Help!!
Please someone help me i have now locked the fastboot unable to boot into the phone or recovery and need to flash the recovery file please sumone help me !!
2nd April 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #4  

5 posts
Same problem with sprint
I am getting the same problem with my sprint htc one max. I tried several times to download it and it would get to about the point and would stop and the image would turn red and stop. I then switched to s-off, was on s-on unlocked to see if I could get it that way and I couldn't I then found the leaked OTA mirror online and tried downloading that and installing it. I then booted into recovery and tried to install it and it failed again but there was a message that " file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory" I'm assuming this needs to be put on for it to work, but I don't know how to do that...

Does anyone else know how to do this?
2nd April 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

Please someone help me i have now locked the fastboot unable to boot into the phone or recovery and need to flash the recovery file please sumone help me !!

Ok so I am now back to where I started stock Rom and stock recovery ( I tried to flash the boot.img from update file) oooops phone works again but still unable to install 4.4
2nd April 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 61

221 posts
Quote:

Ok so I am now back to where I started stock Rom and stock recovery ( I tried to flash the boot.img from update file) oooops phone works again but still unable to install 4.4

i had kitkat vodafone uk 2 days ago.

had same problem.

in the end, i restored my pure stock unrooted rom, wipe dat/factory reset, put t6ul recovery back on and lockeded bootloader

updated fine thn.

you need to remove all trace of the root for it to work. 3 hours of me messing about trying everything proved this method to work.
2nd April 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japodude

i had kitkat vodafone uk 2 days ago.

had same problem.

in the end, i restored my pure stock unrooted rom, wipe dat/factory reset, put t6ul recovery back on and lockeded bootloader

updated fine thn.

you need to remove all trace of the root for it to work. 3 hours of me messing about trying everything proved this method to work.

i am having trouble finding a pure stock rom and cant find out to unroot phone any help would be great
2nd April 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 61

221 posts
Quote:

i am having trouble finding a pure stock rom and cant find out to unroot phone any help would be great

check your pm

ive mailed you a link to my clockwork mod backup
The Following User Says Thank You to japodude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japodude

check your pm

ive mailed you a link to my clockwork mod backup

dude u are a legend it worked thanks