Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

low ram available.

Tip us?

joker66599
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question low ram available.

Hello,
My wife has a galaxy tab 3 10.1.
Any time I look at it when she says its slow or a game it not loading there is only 200mb to 300mb avalible. I will use advanced task killer or what ever its called and only see 3-4 apps running and kill them and still only mid 300 max. It was stock till about 3 days ago I rooted it. I am uust unsure what I can do to fix this issue. Her and I both have s3 phones and anytime we kill task we will have 800mb available. So I am lost.

joker66599
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Damn nothing? First and last bump I guess.

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker66599 View Post
Damn nothing? First and last bump I guess.
get rid of that task killer. they are pointless. your tab has one built in. try using that one and see what happens. hold the home button for a few seconds. i will pop up..
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

calden74
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker66599 View Post
Hello,
My wife has a galaxy tab 3 10.1.
Any time I look at it when she says its slow or a game it not loading there is only 200mb to 300mb avalible. I will use advanced task killer or what ever its called and only see 3-4 apps running and kill them and still only mid 300 max. It was stock till about 3 days ago I rooted it. I am uust unsure what I can do to fix this issue. Her and I both have s3 phones and anytime we kill task we will have 800mb available. So I am lost.
No, that's normal, welcome to what I believe to be the worst tablet Samsung has ever released. TouchWiz is not only not optimized for the Intel CPU making the Tab 3 10.1 extremely laggy, it also takes up over 700MB of RAM leaving nothing but table scraps for apps. The fact that this even made it passed Samsung's door infuriates me to no end. I returned mine very quickly and I highly recommend you do the same or sell it if returning isn't an option, buy something better, the Nexus 10 is about the same price. You will only get more frustrated by keeping this utter piece of crap, there isn't a fix, there isn't any custom ROM's that really do anything for the memory problem as they are all just modified versions of the shipped ROM and Samsung has no interest in fixing it, they moved on with the Tab 4 which not surprising doesn't have an Intel chip and comes with more memory.