Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RK3188 VitalASC Tablet

Tip us?

toonwar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default RK3188 VitalASC Tablet

Hey everyone!

So I have searched high and low for an answer to this problem. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I just got a VitalASC ST1011 tablet and I am looking for a way to put a custom ROM on it. I was able to root it and it did root correctly, but there is absolutely nothing on this exact tablet for ROMs. My question is, are most RK 3188 tablets in the same category? Like will my tablet work with most 3188 ROMs?

Thanks guys!
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonwar View Post
Hey everyone!

So I have searched high and low for an answer to this problem. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I just got a VitalASC ST1011 tablet and I am looking for a way to put a custom ROM on it. I was able to root it and it did root correctly, but there is absolutely nothing on this exact tablet for ROMs. My question is, are most RK 3188 tablets in the same category? Like will my tablet work with most 3188 ROMs?

Thanks guys!
The answer is NO, since the hardware is different like bluetooth/wifi/bootloader/file structure etc... for example a 3188 with ap6120 wifi chip is not the same as 3188 with MTK wifi chip.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toonwar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
The answer is NO, since the hardware is different like bluetooth/wifi/bootloader/file structure etc... for example a 3188 with ap6120 wifi chip is not the same as 3188 with MTK wifi chip.
I had thought so. The thing is I am used to rooting and messing with big brand devices like my S3 and such. Is there any way for me to find out what ROMs will work on my device?
Devices:

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503
Quote:
I had thought so. The thing is I am used to rooting and messing with big brand devices like my S3 and such. Is there any way for me to find out what ROMs will work on my device?
I'm sorry but there are none custom rom support for this device or very very limited. Just a suggestion for future reference, if you like custom rom and such, you should investigate for rom support first before purchase the device. Maybe someone out there who would know some forum that can support this, please chime in. In the mean time you just have to wait and see....

toonwar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
I'm sorry but there are none custom rom support for this device or very very limited. Just a suggestion for future reference, if you like custom rom and such, you should investigate for rom support first before purchase the device. Maybe someone out there who would know some forum that can support this, please chime in. In the mean time you just have to wait and see....
Sadly I had no choice. It was a surprise birthday gift from my parents. It's all good though! It's not a bad tablet, I just like custom ROMs. I appreciate the help though!
Devices:

pckarma112
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Nice of you to be nice to him. Maybe there is a humble pie in his fridge..lol

Sent from my A200 using xda app-developers app

cbudd75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How were you able to root it? i have the same tablet and have been trying to root it but do not want to lock it up..... I put a bigger class 10 32gb sd card and am trying to run everything of that instead of nad flash....

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks guys!