Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 vs Note 3 user experience.

Tip us?

cor4twenty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default M8 vs Note 3 user experience.

Anybody come from a Note 3? I'm thinking of trading my Note for one of these.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

sailio
Old
Thanks Meter 93
The only thing I can see that you'll miss is the screen size.. and maybe the stylus.. otherwise everything else beats the note 3. I did notice that even with a gig of less ram, this phone still out performs the note 3. Oh and the sound is worth the switch alone.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailio View Post
The only thing I can see that you'll miss is the screen size.. and maybe the stylus.. otherwise everything else beats the note 3. I did notice that even with a gig of less ram, this phone still out performs the note 3. Oh and the sound is worth the switch alone.

Agreed 100% The stylus was great for a while but like all Samsung gimmicks, they just get in the way after a while.

And I know not everyone likes it, but BlinkFeed is a feature I use every day.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
I made the transition from the Note 3 to this phone. The Note 3 ran pretty much flawlessly for me and I had no real complaints about it. It's just that I'm kind of phone obsessed and really wanted this phone.

This phone definitely has a way sexier build and feels like a quality device compared to the Note 3. I also feel that the camera is better on this phone than the Note 3. The difference in screen size is noticeable but this screen is not exactly small so you will get used to it after a little while.

Overall, if you are a phone fanatic who needs the latest and greatest I don't think you'll regret getting the M8. It's a sleek and sexy phone that takes better pics than the Note 3
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

Ikyo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
One of the features I love on my Note is being able to assign a Notification Tone to a contact. Is this possible on the M8?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ikyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sailio
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Anything is possible

The Following User Says Thank You to sailio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ikyo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Anything is possible

Care to share some options?

iandmacdonald
Old
Thanks Meter 41
You can apply a ringtone, but not a notification tone. U can use GoSMS, etc., to apply individual ringtones.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

bmoreboy02
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:

i have someone who wants to trade me a harman karmon edition straight up for my note 3. im totally on the fence. iam a music lover and even have the HK onyx bluetooth speaker. im worried ill miss my note 3

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoreboy02 View Post
i have someone who wants to trade me a harman karmon edition straight up for my note 3. im totally on the fence. iam a music lover and even have the HK onyx bluetooth speaker. im worried ill miss my note 3

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Having owned both, my advice would be to take that trade and run.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe