Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT D800 Fastboot Loop No Recovery No Download Mode

Tip us?

Shojen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ATT D800 Fastboot Loop No Recovery No Download Mode

Hello All,

I've been searching for hours. I had rooted my LG G2 weeks ago with no problems. I then un-rooted it and I thought reset it to factory. Today in Target I pulled it out of my pocket to make a call and it was black screened to Fastboot.

I have tried holding down Volume - and Power and entering recovery to reset to factory but it immediately goes to Fastboot loop.

I have tried holding down Volume + while plugging in USB for Download Mode but it immediately goes to Fastboot loop.

I have tried adb commands, error: device not found.

I have tried manually updating the Android drivers through Computer Management and selecting many of the Android Platform Sooner versions. My Win7 PC recognizes the phone as ADB Interface > Andriod Sooner Single ADB Interface in Device Manager.

I have tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477595 and flashed both laf.img and I cannot get into Download Mode.

What else can I do? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for your time!

joobacca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey same exact thing just happened to me. i had it rooted from earlier, but ended up keeping the stock rom on my AT&T LG G2 D800. What I think happened was ATT just pushed out an OTA update (not sure about other carriers), supposedly some small 15mb update to prepare for upcoming releases and despite declining the install, the phone of course did it anyways.

No recovery, no download mode, factory reset doesn't do anything.

Thanks AT&T!

Are we completely boned here?

vish9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default This worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Follow this thread, I tried the TWRP terminal code and it worked. Let me know how it goes

sniffs
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Did anyone figure this out? I am stuck in fastboot mode. I can run fastboot commands, but thats about it.

I can't get to ADB, I can't get to recovery, I can't get to download mode. I reboot the phone and it goes immediately back to fastboot.

I've tried flashing recovery, the laf.img, and even rom's inside fastboot and nothing is seeming to work.

CxanDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
Did anyone figure this out? I am stuck in fastboot mode. I can run fastboot commands, but thats about it.

I can't get to ADB, I can't get to recovery, I can't get to download mode. I reboot the phone and it goes immediately back to fastboot.

I've tried flashing recovery, the laf.img, and even rom's inside fastboot and nothing is seeming to work.
If you can't get adb access with either single sooner or pdanet drivers, you may have to resort to this..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

(actually kind of sounds like fun to me)

autoprime
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4423

DONATE TO ME
if you're stuck in fastboot mode then you can simply use the fastboot commands to write the aboot, sbl1, boot, recovery, laf, rpm, tz and dbi partitions.

you can substitute stock recovery.img for a properly patched twrp/cwm img (renamed recovery). from there you should be able to boot into download mode... custom recovery.. or boot back up.

sniffs
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
if you're stuck in fastboot mode then you can simply use the fastboot commands to write the aboot, sbl1, boot, recovery, laf, rpm, tz and dbi partitions.

you can substitute stock recovery.img for a properly patched twrp/cwm img (renamed recovery). from there you should be able to boot into download mode... custom recovery.. or boot back up.
I found a site that had the backed up D800 .img files. I had to use Ubuntu to write them back to my device.. after like 15hrs of googling/writing on forums, I finally got my device to boot back up! lol..

of course there was a popup saying that my device was suspected of rooting and it won't update.. but who cares, it works now!

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 52
im onthe verizon variant and stuff like this just annoys me to no end you say no lg pushes it to your device anyway its wrong not even samsung stoops this low i am glad i have a custom rom

appleknight
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
I found a site that had the backed up D800 .img files. I had to use Ubuntu to write them back to my device.. after like 15hrs of googling/writing on forums, I finally got my device to boot back up! lol..

of course there was a popup saying that my device was suspected of rooting and it won't update.. but who cares, it works now!
what site?