FORUMS

Terrible Battery Life

755 posts
Thanks Meter: 94

By steelersmb, Senior Member on 2nd April 2014, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I don't know how everyone else is getting 3-5 hours of on screen time. When my screen is on, I lose about 1 percent every 2 minutes it seems like. When I look at the app usage, the kernel and media are sucking the life out of the battery. I am really discouraged about this battery because my G2 would easily get 3.5+ hours of on screen time. So far, I am going to be lucky to get about an hour.

2nd April 2014, 01:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb

I don't know how everyone else is getting 3-5 hours of on screen time. When my screen is on, I lose about 1 percent every 2 minutes it seems like. When I look at the app usage, the kernel and media are sucking the life out of the battery. I am really discouraged about this battery because my G2 would easily get 3.5+ hours of on screen time. So far, I am going to be lucky to get about an hour.

Something is wrong with ur phone or u have some jacked up apps. I have got over 6 hours screen time with this phone and got over 5 with my DNA. You need to download GSAM or BEtter battery stats.
2nd April 2014, 01:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman40

Something is wrong with ur phone or u have some jacked up apps. I have got over 6 hours screen time with this phone and got over 5 with my DNA. You need to download GSAM or BEtter battery stats.

I have Gsam installed but sometimes it doesn't accurately record on screen time as it resets to 0. Also, today I unplugged my phone and the phone was thinking that the charger was still connected. As I said, Gsam reports that the Kernel is taking battery power.
2nd April 2014, 01:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb

I have Gsam installed but sometimes it doesn't accurately record on screen time as it resets to 0. Also, today I unplugged my phone and the phone was thinking that the charger was still connected. As I said, Gsam reports that the Kernel is taking battery power.

Something is way wrong with your phone then.
2nd April 2014, 01:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mine has terrible battery life
I am very much on the same page with you. I am on my 4th cycle.
Mine only last 14 hours with 3 hours of screen time. I don't understand how all these people are getting 5 to 6 hours of screen time.
I have both Better Battery Stat and GSam monitor and it shows Kernel is taking 50% and system is taking 6.2%
The Following User Says Thank You to huichan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 01:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Just try with different kernals,good kernals would give exellent battery life
2nd April 2014, 01:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
I would gladly take the battery problems to get rid of this brand new beast. It's too Frickin big.. I had g2 but sold it. Paid 700 for this att note 3...lol. straight talk on att towers to save on bills. But this thing may be the fastest latest greatest next to the new releases of '14 but I should have kept the g2...This is a tank. I'd swap for smaller phone in heartbeat. Might post cl ad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
2nd April 2014, 02:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightssingh

...really...try a different kernel...on the Verizon HTC One M8...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfreemanoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 02:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightssingh

Are you in the right forum? This makes no sense.
2nd April 2014, 02:14 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I think it highly depends on what you're doing when screen is on. If you're playing games or using a lot of data, it can drain very quickly. If you're watching local videos or something, your battery would last a lot longer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread