FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[MOD][RESHARE] Working quad window on all kitkat roms.

2,108 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,631
 
By KNIGHT97, Senior Member on 24th June 2014, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As many users on a custom rom based on Touchwiz jellybean, we saw the functionality being unavailable on touchwiz kitkat (not removed completely, thanks to @ravijani for the info)
While I myself didn't like the quad window on a screen of this size, many users wanted it.
As I was trying to search, many informed me of multiwindow plus by @xperiacle to obtain the functionality.
Many users didn't know how to use the functionality though, and wanted it natively.

XDA user @unclefab from the galaxy mega community managed to get this functionality working on kitkat base, and for all roms, and with his proper permission, I am sharing his mod here.

Original thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770531
All credits to @unclefab, go and thank him if you use this mod.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting
Last edited by KNIGHT97; 25th June 2014 at 01:55 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KNIGHT97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th June 2014, 06:50 PM |#2  
KNIGHT97's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,631
 
More
Flashable format - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp8db6w928...ow_Enabler.zip

Thanks to @smeet.somaiya
Last edited by KNIGHT97; 25th June 2014 at 01:51 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KNIGHT97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 03:22 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHT97

Reserved for flashable format. Will post it tomorrow.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Waiting for your Flashable format for DN3 V5.2 + Reverseble to DN3 V5.2 Stock (just in case)......Thanks in advance
25th June 2014, 03:25 AM |#4  
KNIGHT97's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,631
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausi

Waiting for your Flashable format for DN3 V5.2 + Reverseble to DN3 V5.2 Stock (just in case)......Thanks in advance

Will be posted around 5pm IST

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting
The Following User Says Thank You to KNIGHT97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 04:15 AM |#5  
ravijani's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,002
 
More
Thumbs up
FYI kikat deleted floating window not quad window means pen window directly from multiwindow ssidebar.. while quad was there from begining.
on <5.5 inch screen quad window is useless thats why removed from dn3.

also xperiacle added app long ago for this called multiwindow plus If i m not wrong for this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ravijani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 07:23 AM |#6  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 587
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijani

FYI kikat deleted floating window not quad window means pen window directly from multiwindow ssidebar.. while quad was there from begining.
on <5.5 inch screen quad window is useless thats why removed from dn3.

also xperiacle added app long ago for this called multiwindow plus If i m not wrong for this.

Yes there is that app.. multi window plus but many users wanted it natively just the way it was in DN3 v3.2 (4.3 JB)

And I remember Arsaw saying once that samsung put many codes to stop quad multiwindow from running so we had no luck with that.
But it's good that we got it running just with a single permissions file.

And @KNIGHT97
We only require a sigle file from the original thread

"com.sec.feature.multiwindow.quadview.xml"

The other two are already there in mostly all roms.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
25th June 2014, 08:33 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijani

FYI kikat deleted floating window not quad window means pen window directly from multiwindow ssidebar.. while quad was there from begining.
on <5.5 inch screen quad window is useless thats why removed from dn3.

also xperiacle added app long ago for this called multiwindow plus If i m not wrong for this.

I am one of those who wanted Quad-Multiwindow and Floating-Window natively available as seen on DN3 up to v3.2.1.
Now, to clarify the KitKat 4.4.2 situation and DN3 v5.2 latest release up to toady:

1) Quad-Multiwindow is the feature that doubles the frames of the original Samsung Dual-Multiwindow.
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and swipe it to the desktop.
Repeat this action 3 times and you get 4 apps in single frame each.
This is possible by installing Multiwindow Plus by Xperiacle.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in.

2) Floating-Window is the feature that runs apps in a independent freely positionable and resizable window.
It is the same result to launch the app in a window through Air Command Pen Window feature (longer and tedoious actions though).
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and automatically it opens in a window on the desktop.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in, even if some cosmetic issues were in when the window was minimized.
In DN3 4.4.2 KitKat verisons this feature is no longer available. You get the goal only through AIr Command Pen Window feature and with no
cosmetic issues when window is minimized (bravo E-Team !)
You may install Pen Window Manager by Xperiacle. But it is not the same thing.
Once you set an app to open in a window, it will always open in a window.

So my question now is: Floating-Pen Window will be available again also on KitKat DN3 rom?
25th June 2014, 09:42 AM |#8  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 587
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriem

I am one of those who wanted Quad-Multiwindow and Floating-Window natively available as seen on DN3 up to v3.2.1.
Now, to clarify the KitKat 4.4.2 situation and DN3 v5.2 latest release up to toady:

1) Quad-Multiwindow is the feature that doubles the frames of the original Samsung Dual-Multiwindow.
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and swipe it to the desktop.
Repeat this action 3 times and you get 4 apps in single frame each.
This is possible by installing Multiwindow Plus by Xperiacle.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in.

2) Floating-Window is the feature that runs apps in a independent freely positionable and resizable window.
It is the same result to launch the app in a window through Air Command Pen Window feature (longer and tedoious actions though).
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and automatically it opens in a window on the desktop.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in, even if some cosmetic issues were in when the window was minimized.
In DN3 4.4.2 KitKat verisons this feature is no longer available. You get the goal only through AIr Command Pen Window feature and with no
cosmetic issues when window is minimized (bravo E-Team !)
You may install Pen Window Manager by Xperiacle. But it is not the same thing.
Once you set an app to open in a window, it will always open in a window.

So my question now is: Floating-Pen Window will be available again also on KitKat DN3 rom?

It's removed by Samsung actually. So cant really say if we can get it working.

Edit: You can use Pen window launcher app which allows you to launch pen window without Spen
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to smeet.somaiya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:39 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Cochin
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
sorry, if im wrong...

by using multiwindow plus xpossed module we can achieve this, right??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-25-15-07-26.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2816635  
25th June 2014, 10:42 AM |#10  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 587
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.sebin

sorry, if im wrong...

by using multiwindow plus xpossed module we can achieve this, right??

Yes. You can

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
25th June 2014, 01:23 PM |#11  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 587
 
More
Here is the flashable zip for quad multiwindow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp8db6w928...ow_Enabler.zip @KNIGHT97 Add it to the second post.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smeet.somaiya For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes