How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any issue with the PRO 12.2?

OP hajime_android

30th April 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

478 posts
Hello, I need to make the purchase this Friday. Either PRO 12.2 or 10.1 2014. Any issues with the PRO 12.2? Any user experience appreciated. Thank you.
30th April 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 36

259 posts
More
I purchased 12.2 and so far it is good with many things including hancom office; but I think MS might release Office for Android Tablets soon; plus 12.2 inch screen really gives a better size for preparing documents, I am waiting for 360-degree case to come so I can work with in portrait mode. The only complaint I have is I can't play Asphalt 8 in High Graphic mode smoothly comparing to my note 2; the lag is too much to bare, so I had to reduce to Medium just so it gets more smooth. I really don't understand why since 12.2's specs are very high, I think that I need custom Rom for this, and the development could take a little while.

The battery is great, I can go through intensive use for more than 9hrs, and if it's normal use, it can bring up close to 12hrs.

Few people have come and commented that this thing is huge, but it does the job I need. To me, this thing can really replace my laptop, I am waiting for the USB OTG to hook more things (keyboard, mouse, external hard drive, etc.). I paid this one for $900, and I think it's high but it has 3G option so it's fine

Hope this helps, if you need to know more about this in the aspect which you are looking for in a tablet, PM me and I can check it for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to themathers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

478 posts
Thanks. It seems that the main issues are: 1) I can see the words/letters made of large pixels; 2) write on internal sdcard (such as Scandisk) does not work.
30th April 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 68

348 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android

Thanks. It seems that the main issues are: 1) I can see the words/letters made of large pixels; 2) write on internal sdcard (such as Scandisk) does not work.

I have zero complaints about resolution/pixelation and that is come from a S4 user (1080p/5in screen) and previous Nexus 10 owner (same rez as 12.2 but smaller screen).
1st May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 97

351 posts
More
No complaints about pixels from me..I think the screen looks pretty fantastic. After rooting, I have zero complaints about anything.
1st May 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 107

503 posts
No. This is by far the best android device on the market (as long as you have use for a 12 inch tablet) if not then the tab pro 8.4 is amazing. Im not a fanboy by any means but it is my opinion that the note line of phones and tablets are the best ever offered by any manufacturer. As soon as someone makes something better though I'll jump ship to that. Until then samsung keep taking my money. Get the pro. I have had both and the pro is miles ahead in use. The extra screen real estate is a GODSEND

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app
1st May 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

478 posts
Both devices have the same resolution. Why extra screen real estate if a GODSEND for the PRO?
1st May 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 36

259 posts
More
I'm really not sure about the 10.1 but I agree with the others, the quality of the screen is pretty darn good. 10.1 is quite typical nowadays, so with 12.2 with the same resolution as 10.1 but people appreciate it more becoz of the size difference. And don't count on the camera quality, to me, samsung's camera sucks, though (I think) they are from sony. The 12.2 really makes a big difference in doing the office stuff now.
1st May 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bodrum
Thanks Meter: 1,497

6,236 posts
Thumbs up Tab Pro impressions after a week of use
Just finished my first week with this beast and I think it's very good. The only drawback might be portability if you want to carry it around with you, otherwise nothing negative that I could say. As others have also mentioned, battery life is very good as well.
I haven't rooted yet, I'm hoping to get the Android update to 4.4.3 if Samsung decides to release it without too much delay. There are a few bloatware apps as well that need to go but overall, I also like the added capabilities that the s-pen provides (such as PIP where you can run another program on a smaller window on the screen).
The screen is fantastic, best I've seen so far on a tablet. I've also connected a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard and mouse and it can replace my notebook for some of the things I do. Overall, quite content that I got the Tab Pro (P900).
Haven't experienced any lags or such but then I'm not a heavy gamer, so wouldn't want to comment on that.

The Following User Says Thank You to makbil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread