Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your software has been notified

Tip us?
 
blue13x
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 276
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Your software has been notified

Hey guys. Just got an LTE version of the Notepro. I went to update it, first thing. It says that my software version has been modified and that updates are not available. Having just unpacked the device. Is this something i should be worried about or just send it back?



Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
dodo99x
Old
#2  
dodo99x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 243
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
I would send it back.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
 
wingdo
Old
#3  
wingdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 342
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Send it back.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4
 
blue13x
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 276
Join Date: Apr 2011
Basically its a german lte version. They all seem to be affected. If samsung does fix this, could the update go through, despite this message?
Checked knox and its stil 0x0. So this is a bug.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
blue13x
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 276
Join Date: Apr 2011
But in the case they fix this could an update go through via Ota or kies, even when it says this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
wingdo
Old
#6  
wingdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 342
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue13x View Post
But in the case they fix this could an update go through via Ota or kies, even when it says this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
All my Samsung devices are rooted, and none take the OTA with the same "your device has been modified" error. All are upgradable through Kies without any issue. Just went to KK on my S4 and Note 10.1 (2014) via Kies without any problems at all.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4
 
blue13x
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 276
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
All my Samsung devices are rooted, and none take the OTA with the same "your device has been modified" error. All are upgradable through Kies without any issue. Just went to KK on my S4 and Note 10.1 (2014) via Kies without any problems at all.
Whats KK?
So basically i could get future updates via Kies?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
wingdo
Old
#8  
wingdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 342
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue13x View Post
Whats KK?
So basically i could get future updates via Kies?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
KK is KitKat (4.4.2 for the S4 and Note 10.1). Yes, Kies seems to bypass even the knox counter. *IF* it is confirmed that all the German LTE devices are doing this, I would not worry. If it's just yours, I'd send it back. But if it is all of them, you will always be able to update via Kies and I would suspect the first update would fix this OTA issue.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4
 
andreadb
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 54
Join Date: Dec 2006
I have the same problem with mine, Italian Note Pro LTE. After the first OTA the status changed to Modified. I have also tried with ODIN to reflash, but it is still Modified. Obviously the Note Pro has not been modified or rooted in any way.

It seems a common problem.

Andrea
 
francesco totti
Old
#10  
francesco totti's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: IRAN/Gilan/Langarud
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
KK is KitKat (4.4.2 for the S4 and Note 10.1). Yes, Kies seems to bypass even the knox counter. *IF* it is confirmed that all the German LTE devices are doing this, I would not worry. If it's just yours, I'd send it back. But if it is all of them, you will always be able to update via Kies and I would suspect the first update would fix this OTA issue.
Hi. If we want to update thorough Kies and we are on custom recovery, should we first flash stock recovery?? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more