Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked G2 wont connect to network?

Tip us?

sricard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlocked G2 wont connect to network?

I just recently bought an unlocked LG G2 and set up the phone on a Koodo plan. The phone has worked great up until a few days ago when I lost service and the phone wont connect to the network anymore, even after a factory reset. I brought the phone to Koodo and spoke with a guy that told me sometimes unlocked android phones have difficulty connecting to a network and that he didnt know how to help me. Ive tried manually entering network information and ive tried different koodo sim cards but nothing works. What should i do next?

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Try another simcard provider
Try gsm only
Try to search fir network in network settings

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Xperia Charging Animations
HDPI and MDPI

Phone
LG G2 D802 32GB

Previous Phone
Xperia Arc LT15i (LT18i format)
Super Jelly Bean 8 - SJB KK Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to TheHaso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j2lin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..

sricard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2lin View Post
Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..
What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!

Liquid5n0w
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sricard View Post
What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!
I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.

kmac5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid5n0w View Post
I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.
I too am having this issue. I'm on Koodo. As of this morning I can't connect to their network. Did you have any luck?

icrossm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac5 View Post
I too am having this issue. I'm on Koodo. As of this morning I can't connect to their network. Did you have any luck?
Hi. I am in the same situation. Days ago i bought and unknow person Lg g2 d802. I think i have a solution for work back again our devices. Please contact to my email. icrossm@hotmail.com and i explain to you my idea.