Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Unlocked G2 wont connect to network?

OP sricard

30th January 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I just recently bought an unlocked LG G2 and set up the phone on a Koodo plan. The phone has worked great up until a few days ago when I lost service and the phone wont connect to the network anymore, even after a factory reset. I brought the phone to Koodo and spoke with a guy that told me sometimes unlocked android phones have difficulty connecting to a network and that he didnt know how to help me. Ive tried manually entering network information and ive tried different koodo sim cards but nothing works. What should i do next?
30th January 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
TheHaso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,643 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Try another simcard provider
Try gsm only
Try to search fir network in network settings

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHaso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..
2nd February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2lin

Hi sricard,

I seem to be having the same issue as what you're experiencing. I have unlocked G2 that I'm using on Koodo network. Just last night my phone switched to emergency calls only. It was working perfectly fine for a whole month. And before that I was using the phone on Fido network with no issues.

Some additional info. I tried my friend's Roger's sim card on my phone and it showed emergency calls only. When my friend tried my sim, he was able to connect to Koodo network.

On my phone when I search for networks, it does find Koodo, Rogers, Bell networks. It just doesn't seem to be connecting for some reason.

My phone is stock, not rooted. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone so I have not idea why this happened all of a sudden.

I tried the hard reset also and that didn't work for me either.

Not sure what else to do. May look into custom rom but not sure if that's going to work..

What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!
1st April 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sricard

What I found out is that my phone had been blacklisted... which means that it had been reported lost or stolen by somebody else and the IMEI number had been reported. The phone became useless... and as one of the guys that i brought it to said, i essentially had a very expensive paperweight. hope your situation turns out better than mine!

I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.
5th April 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid5n0w

I also have the same symptoms as this, checked the IMEI with Koodo on the phone. They don't see it on any of their lists.

I'm trying everything but can't fix it. Still trying.

I too am having this issue. I'm on Koodo. As of this morning I can't connect to their network. Did you have any luck?
12th May 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
possible solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac5

I too am having this issue. I'm on Koodo. As of this morning I can't connect to their network. Did you have any luck?

Hi. I am in the same situation. Days ago i bought and unknow person Lg g2 d802. I think i have a solution for work back again our devices. Please contact to my email. icrossm@hotmail.com and i explain to you my idea.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes