FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Opening Links in Multi-Window

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By animedreamer240, Member on 9th April 2014, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,

When I use two apps side-by-side, say Youtube and Skype, and I click on a friend's YT link, Skype disappears. I want to watch videos in YT above the Skype window, instead of having to pair the apps in multi-window mode all over again. In other words, I want links to open in the other app while staying side-by-side.This was possible on my Galaxy Note 10.1, so I wonder why it's not working here and if there's something that I need to do.

Thanks~

10th April 2014, 11:55 AM |#2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 79

More
You may need to drag YouTube from the multi window launcher and place it above Skype before clicking on the yt link.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
10th April 2014, 08:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaegorith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 10:31 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegorith

My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD
10th April 2014, 10:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedreamer240

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD

Fantastic! So glad it worked for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread