No registration required

[Q] Opening Links in Multi-Window

OP animedreamer240

9th April 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
Hi guys,

When I use two apps side-by-side, say Youtube and Skype, and I click on a friend's YT link, Skype disappears. I want to watch videos in YT above the Skype window, instead of having to pair the apps in multi-window mode all over again. In other words, I want links to open in the other app while staying side-by-side.This was possible on my Galaxy Note 10.1, so I wonder why it's not working here and if there's something that I need to do.

Thanks~
10th April 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 75

348 posts
More
You may need to drag YouTube from the multi window launcher and place it above Skype before clicking on the yt link.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
10th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

107 posts
My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaegorith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegorith

My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD
10th April 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedreamer240

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD

Fantastic! So glad it worked for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread