Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

We can get Samsung rethink its policy knox.

Tip us?

kieroseno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up We can get Samsung rethink its policy knox.

In my country, Spain , the crisis ( and political corruption ) has affected our citizens. That's why there are initiatives such as the collection of requests with signature and there are a portal dedicated to it.

The portal ww.change.org and I say here because one of the requests is that Samsung annular Knox :

I can not put links because I have written very little on this forum and xda requires a minimum but is easy to put knox into de box "Buscar" and search and is the first in the list

All the world know : "Unity is strength" .

This website has won several successes.

I apologize for my bad English, and also because the portal not translated into English and other languages.

I invite you to sign petition to revoke Samsung Knox ( You can use google.translate ) .... or even better , create a similar initiative in the U.S. That will be very much more stronger.

The union of America and Europe is very powerful and can give pause to Samsung

Thank you very much.

Is not spam:
change.org/es/peticiones/samsung-eliminar-el-sistema-knox-activado-recientemente-en-las-nuevas-actualizaciones-de-software-samsung-remove-the-knox-system-on-recently-in-new-software-updates-samsung-녹스-시스템을-제거합니다-최근에-새-소프트웨어-업데이트에서합니다#

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Why would they? It's actually a very good security measure for those who need it (corporate users). I don't so I rooted my 8.4 and blew the eFuse in the process. I knew what I was doing and I didn't do it by accident. I will bear the consequences in case I need repairs :shrug:

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Samsung Knox fuse has nothing to do with the hardware warranty. It simply shows if the tablet was modified in a way that can circumvent KNOX security apps. That way if you bring your tablet to your employer to use on their network, the sys admin can confirm if the tablet will be absolutely secure or not. Once you modify the tablet/phone, Knox software won't install/run because the device isn't considered secure anymore.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4127
And I'm sure a petition to remove security features post-Snowden would be well received. Especially when removing it is to provide warranty services to a small subset of people who want to screw around with the s/w on their devices.

kieroseno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
And I'm sure a petition to remove security features post-Snowden would be well received. Especially when removing it is to provide warranty services to a small subset of people who want to screw around with the s/w on their devices.
Uffff, Snowden can not return to their country ....

I think all the manufacturers and sellers of premium tablets will soon acquire the closed Apple iPad style, and it will become increasingly difficult to have a good free terminal.

Samsung Knox is okay but is also an excellent excuse to avoid root (or loss of warranty). HDX Kindle is fantastic, but their system is closed. iPad closed. Root Sony Experia is hard to do ..... I wish this were not so, but ....

the reality is Edward should take shelter in a less democratic country, because they can not return to their country, which we all know is an example of democracy and transparency ... but do not talk politics.

I thank the programmers that allow me to root my tablet, even if I lose the warranty
and I will join to Samsung petition through change.org ... and little more (or maybe next time I will buy from another manufacturer more open)

Regards

Vuciz
Old
Thanks Meter 67
If you want your warranty, don't root.
Simple as that.
Device: Moto G (LG-LS980)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
If I've helped you, please hit thanks!

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieroseno View Post
I think all the manufacturers and sellers of premium tablets will soon acquire the closed Apple iPad style, and it will become increasingly difficult to have a good free terminal.

Samsung Knox is okay but is also an excellent excuse to avoid root (or loss of warranty). HDX Kindle is fantastic, but their system is closed. iPad closed. Root Sony Experia is hard to do ..... I wish this were not so, but ....
Knox doesn't stop anything. You can still root and install custom recovery; it's just that it is permanently recorded
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads

kieroseno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did not express myself well, I apologize for my bad English.
Knox does not prevent root but ... voids the warranty if root. With previous tablets we had TriangleAway thanks to Chainfire, but now Samsung has left unusable TA. This reminds me of updates to iOS that prevent jailbreak, but still is not the same .... today ..... but I think is the same way in the future.

Yesterday: you can make root
Today: if you root, you lose your warranty.
Tomorrow: impossible to root?

Does this seem right to most? Then ... nothing more to say

Regards