Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Smartwatch 2 & MotoFail Atrix 4G: a solution ?

OP Foo Bar

2nd January 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Santa Claus gave me a SW2 (it wasn't on my whish list, but I'm really happy with it); but I'm owning a MotoFail Atrix 4G which is stucked to GingerBread (I hate you Motorola ).

Having played too much with my CM 7 installed, I had switched the CM 10.1 for test purpose to see if it's ready fo daily use. But some features are missing me (BT hand free, battery life, app opps), even if the Olympus Kernel Project & epinter have done great job ; I was thinking on switching back to CM 7.

So I'm in a big delemna:
  • doing along with CM 10 and its limitations
  • leaving my SW2 in its box till Olympus Kernel has reached the Beta stage

So is there a way to use the SW2 with GB, even with restrictions/limited features ?
2nd January 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
And what about CM 9. SW2 should work with Android 4.0 and higher....

Odesláno z mého K00C pomocí Tapatalk
2nd January 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.stanicek

And what about CM 9. SW2 should work with Android 4.0 and higher....

Unfortunatly CM9 & CM10 share the same base Kernel, made by the great Olympus Kernel Team

I also must confess that, if I've choosen CM10 over CM9 is because:
  • I'm loyal to epinter (he was the provider of my CM7 beta ROMs)
  • I rather like to make a big jump instead of little steps (even if switching to Kernel 3.1 is a big jump in itself)

But you're right, CM9 could be an alternative, I need to look over the CM9 thread to read to status (limitation / bugs) of the ROM made by krystianp.
3rd January 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #4  
London
Thanks Meter: 87

869 posts
More
I have a simpler suggestion.. Get a new phone to replace the obsolete POS phone you have...

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
3rd January 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean473

I have a simpler suggestion.. Get a new phone...

Thanks for the advice, I haven't think on that before you suggest it (sorry for being ironic / rude); but the little problem is that I don't have 300+ buks to put on a new mid-sized phone. I've kept my previous phone 4+ years, and I was planning to kept my 250€-Atrix about the same period (it's only 1.5 YO at the moment). If you're ok, I could give you a Paypal link for a donation. Or I also accept one of your retired phones (e.g. S3, Z1)

Anyway thanks for paying attention to my problem and taking time to answer.
3rd January 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #6  
London
Thanks Meter: 87

869 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Bar

Thanks for the advice, I haven't think on that before you suggest it (sorry for being ironic / rude); but the little problem is that I don't have 300+ buks to put on a new mid-sized phone. I've kept my previous phone 4+ years, and I was planning to kept my 250€-Atrix about the same period (it's only 1.5 YO at the moment). If you're ok, I could give you a Paypal link for a donation. Or I also accept one of your retired phones (e.g. S3, Z1)

Anyway thanks for paying attention to my problem and taking time to answer.

I would love to donate one of my old phones to you but I sold all of them... Get a contract if you can't afford to pay the full cost upfront..

There is really nothing u can do if you CM is not complete.. Wait or sell your moto and get a new phone.. God knows how it was even worth €250...

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
I have the same problem
I'm in the same place with my Motorola Droid 3, running Android 2.3.6. I suspect there are more of us out there, but don't post because we are sick of the usual reply of "get a new phone". If everyone here did that, there would be no need for this forum.......

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atrix 4g, gingerbread, smartwatch2, sw2
Previous Thread Next Thread