Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PATCH] Bug Fix for Call Handling Smart Extension Answer Button (on non-SONY phone)

Tip us?

peterlolty
Old
(Last edited by peterlolty; 22nd December 2013 at 08:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Talking [PATCH] Bug Fix for Call Handling Smart Extension Answer Button (on non-SONY phone)

For those who do not have a SONY phone (root required) or flashed a customized ROM

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
I made a CWM Recovery zip for CM11/CM10.x/CM10/CM9 (specially for Sony Xperia 2011 Series device) to solve this problem.
If the zip does not match for your device, you may follow the below guideline to solve the problem (root required).

For CM11
SW2_CM11_CWM_PATCH.zip
[MUST DO]Uninstall the original one installed from the Play Store before flashing the zip file[/MUST DO]
For CM10.x/CM10/CM9
SW2_CM9_CM10x_CWM_PATCH.zip
[MUST DO]Uninstall the original one installed from the Play Store before flashing the zip file[/MUST DO]
For others
read the following guideline

===========================
Manual Guideline
===========================
Step 1: install the call handing extension from Play Store: Call handling smart extension
Step 2: get the call handling extension app from /data/app by CM File Manager, rename it to callhandlingextension.apk, then uninstall the app
Step 2a: (try to skip this step first time, this is a little bit difficult. I don't sure if this step is compulsory, but I did it for assurance. )
Step 3: put the callhandlingextension.apk into the /system/app (if you are using CM11 / Android 4.4 Kitkat or above, put the app in /system/priv-app)
Step 4: restart the phone...
Step 5: clean the call handling extension app data (compulsory)

============================================
Step 2a: you need to remove the original signature in the apk and sign the apk with your ROM cert (e.g CM ROM please use AOSP cert), you may Google it for "signing apk" detail.
============================================

100% working as I made it work for my SmartWatch 2
Please give a thank if you like my sharing...
Xperia Pro mk16i | testpoint method | LegacyXperia Project CM11.0 | baseband 77
Please sign this petition to help Xperia 2011 devices get JB camera source
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peterlolty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskyaxl
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks a lot for this fix!

Can you post the AOSP cert so I can use it in case other extras will not work properly? (for example music extra is play and pose Apollo from time to time without me actually doing it.

I've searched over the internet without success. I'm using SignApk to sign apps. Is the certification provided with that one the correct one?

Thanks in advanced!
Xperia Z1 + Livesound(MH1c) + SmartWatch (MN2)
Live with walkman + Livesound(MH1) + LiveDock(yet not working with CM11) + SmartWatch (MN2)([CM11] latest LegacyXperia + Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects)

yomiguy
Old
Thanks Meter 142
I finally ended up changing call handling Sony app for call handling pro. And I'm very happy with the change! 👍

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to yomiguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deciocavallo
Old
Thanks Meter 22
to me the answer button doesn't appeare. I have followed the manual guideline and signed the apk.

peterlolty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciocavallo View Post
to me the answer button doesn't appeare. I have followed the manual guideline and signed the apk.
What Rom you are using now ?
What the cert you used to sign the app?
Xperia Pro mk16i | testpoint method | LegacyXperia Project CM11.0 | baseband 77
Please sign this petition to help Xperia 2011 devices get JB camera source

AlexOB1
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Fantastic, thanks, worked for me with CM11.

I couldn't see how to uninstall the Call Handling Smart Extension first though, so didn't bother. Didn't seem to matter!

As far as I can see the extension can't be uninstalled?
Nexus 4 running CM11 Official Nightlies | HP Tochpad running CM10 (awaiting bluetooth to install CM10.1) | HTC Desire running 4.4 Chromium's Beanstalk | Nook Simple Touch running an Android version from the dark ages

duchian
Old
Thanks Meter 91
great!
works well on HTC One (stock firmware)
Signa temporis

xenocit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It appears that the issue with the official Call Handling Extension from Sony is the lack of permissions - by converting is to system app you will elevate the app permissions and bam! problem solved - thank you for your solution
The easiest/safest way to do this by the way is using the Titanium Backup PRO (I know, it will cost you a couple of bucks - worth every penny by the way) feature to convert user app to system app. I've tested it on my Note II N7100 and it works like a charm

Thank you once again for your efforts!

-Ivan

The Stir
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks, the copy and paste worked perfectly on my Note 2 on Sopisticated 3.1 ROM.

ruben46_
Old
(Last edited by ruben46_; 19th March 2014 at 11:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks a lot it works perfect on a galaxy nexus with cm11

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus mediante Tapatalk

Tags
answer call, bug, call handling, smartwatch2