LED notifier

OP jamesbond_28_007

7th April 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12

374 posts
More
Just bought (and about to return) the HTC One M8 because the LED notifier/blinker is a shocker. It is very small, only has Red, Green and Blue (!!) and no apps like LED notifier can manipulate it.

My old S3 was great and had a lovely big LED blinker but am considering the Z2 as I fancy a change. Can someone please reassure me that the LED is big, has all the colours and will work with an LED app?

Thanks.
7th April 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

374 posts
More
Or maybe an S5...
Last edited by jamesbond_28_007; 7th April 2014 at 11:03 AM.
7th April 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 175

2,387 posts
More
I'm not sure but I think the Z2's LED can only display green and red, I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree

I'm not sure but I think the Z2's LED can only display green and red, I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have orange and blue also but have not figured out a way to assign a specific color to a specific type of notifications (like blue for SMS, Orange for email...).
7th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin

I have orange and blue also but have not figured out a way to assign a specific color to a specific type of notifications (like blue for SMS, Orange for email...).

You should be able to change it with an app. Try out Light Manager? Some of the changes require root, but not all.
7th April 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

61 posts
More
I've tested out mine via the test menu. It's able to output R,G,B there. It would make sense that it is possible for the phone to mix those colours to display other colours (like the orange and purple that some system events use) but I've been unable to get it to show using LightFlow.
8th April 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #7  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 33

86 posts
More
I see a lot more colors than R,G,B on my z1 and zl (purple from yahoo mail, white from gmail for example). So there is no reason z2 notifier will output only those three colors
8th April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

374 posts
More
Could someone be so kind as to test it with LED Manager or Light Flow? It's really simple. Select the app, the colour and then test it. Appreciate any that could this. About to buy but need all the colours!
8th April 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #9  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 106

693 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin

There's blue for sure. Seen in many videos. There's no yellow?

But yes, its quite large. Another thing I love about the Z2. Its the second largest in current flagships after Oppo Find 7.
8th April 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7

I see a lot more colors than R,G,B on my z1 and zl (purple from yahoo mail, white from gmail for example). So there is no reason z2 notifier will output only those three colors

There are LEDs for each of the 3 primary colours (red, green and blue) and those are mixed in different intensities to show other colours.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread