Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LED notifier

Tip us?

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default LED notifier

Just bought (and about to return) the HTC One M8 because the LED notifier/blinker is a shocker. It is very small, only has Red, Green and Blue (!!) and no apps like LED notifier can manipulate it.

My old S3 was great and had a lovely big LED blinker but am considering the Z2 as I fancy a change. Can someone please reassure me that the LED is big, has all the colours and will work with an LED app?

Thanks.
Current Device: LG G2
Rom: Changes weekly

jamesbond_28_007
Old
(Last edited by jamesbond_28_007; 7th April 2014 at 10:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Or maybe an S5...

Chad_Petree
Old
Thanks Meter 164
I'm not sure but I think the Z2's LED can only display green and red, I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Howdoin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
I'm not sure but I think the Z2's LED can only display green and red, I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I have orange and blue also but have not figured out a way to assign a specific color to a specific type of notifications (like blue for SMS, Orange for email...).

Xernoxis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post
I have orange and blue also but have not figured out a way to assign a specific color to a specific type of notifications (like blue for SMS, Orange for email...).
You should be able to change it with an app. Try out Light Manager? Some of the changes require root, but not all.

benengyj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've tested out mine via the test menu. It's able to output R,G,B there. It would make sense that it is possible for the phone to mix those colours to display other colours (like the orange and purple that some system events use) but I've been unable to get it to show using LightFlow.

schecter7
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I see a lot more colors than R,G,B on my z1 and zl (purple from yahoo mail, white from gmail for example). So there is no reason z2 notifier will output only those three colors

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Could someone be so kind as to test it with LED Manager or Light Flow? It's really simple. Select the app, the colour and then test it. Appreciate any that could this. About to buy but need all the colours!

KyleSforza
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post
There's blue for sure. Seen in many videos. There's no yellow?

But yes, its quite large. Another thing I love about the Z2. Its the second largest in current flagships after Oppo Find 7.

benengyj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post
I see a lot more colors than R,G,B on my z1 and zl (purple from yahoo mail, white from gmail for example). So there is no reason z2 notifier will output only those three colors
There are LEDs for each of the 3 primary colours (red, green and blue) and those are mixed in different intensities to show other colours.